C h a p t e r T w e n t y s i x

Biana's POV.

Of course you need a ball to celebrate the coronation of the First Lady! Biana still fumed over her argument with Marella as she and Dex walked out of the Neverseen's Villa back to their carriages. What's the point of even having a First Lady if you can't dance?!

Biana glared back at Marella, who was talking with Linh with a smile on both their faces. Since when were they best friends?

"What on your mind?" Dex asked, noticing her narrowed eyes and tight lips. "Aren't you glad we're getting a treaty?"

Biana smiled at him. "Of course I am. It's just...never mind. I'm going to find Sophie, I didn't see her follow us outside."

And indeed, Sophie hadn't made it out of the Villa.
What was taking her so long?

Biana ran back inside and searched for her friend.

"Sophie?" She called. "Where are you?"

She made it all the way back to the meeting room and behind one of the large pillars before she saw her.

"Sophie, we're all waiting—oh my god." Biana had found her friend behind a pillar, kissing a handsome blond boy about their age.

That got Sophie's attention and she pulled away from the boy, her cheeks pink.

She panicked when she saw Biana's stunned face.
"Biana! What are you—it's not what you think—"

But Biana wasn't looking at her, her eyes found the boy, removing his arms from Sophie's waist, and her body went rigid.

Keefe Sencen. Heir to the Neverseen. Banished to Exillium. Murderer of her brother.

"Keefe Sencen." Biana said, her voice ice cold. "You killed my brother."

All three of them were dead silent for a moments.
Each of their minds racing with vary different thoughts.

Sophie was the first person to speak.
"Biana," she started and took a step forward. "You don't understand, Alvar killed one of them—"

Biana lurched back. She was defending him?

"No Sophie," Biana said. "You don't understand. Keefe killed my brother. Do know what that did to my parents? To my mom? And here you are making out with him when your supposed to be getting married to Fitz. Did you think I didn't know that? Did you think I didn't know—"

She was cut of by Sophie. "Do you think I love Fitz?" She asked, her face flushed. "Do you really think that?"

More silence.

Biana didn't know what to say. Did Sophie love Fitz?
They ever really talked about it, and when they did it was always really awkward. Did Sophie love Keefe?

Eventually the silence was broken by Keefe.
"I'm sorry," he said quietly to Biana, making her turn to him in surprise. "I really am. He killed Ruy and I just—I just—" He didn't finish, but it was clear.

"I still don't understand," Biana said slowly. "You were exiled, how do you even know each other? Or did this just happen?"

All at once, the story fell out. Sophie and Keefe talked over each other, filled in details the other missed, and soon Biana learned was exactly had happened.

Keefe snuck in the Swan Ball and that was where he met Sophie, the two danced and spent most the ball together before Calla recognized Keefe and he had to leave.
The two parted ways until Keefe visited Sophie the night after the ball.
Alvar snuck onto the Neverseen's grounds and killed Ruy, Keefe killed Ruy, blah blah blah.
Keefe was banished, but the night before he was brought to Exillium, he went to the Blackswan to see Sophie again.
Keefe spent a week at Exillium where he met two other Warwards and escaped with them.
While he was banished, Sophie rallied the Blackswan and they sent a letter to the Neverseen, presenting the idea of a peace treaty.
And here they were. Reunited.

"Wow," Biana blinked when they finished the story. "That's...some story."

Sophie nodded. "So there you have it, an explanation."

"What now?" Keefe asked. "Are you going to...tell someone?"

Biana smirked at them. "Oh no! How could stop the burning love of your forbidden romance?" She put a hand to her forehead dramatically.

Sophie exhaled. "When this peace treaty is signed, it'll be easier. But until then, people would still freak. And Fitz..."

Biana softened. "He'll be fine, after a while at least. Your parents will still freak, and you," she turned to Keefe, "I don't know how your family will react to your secret relationship with the Blackswan's First Lady."

"I don't know either." Keefe admitted.

Sophie took his hand. "It'll be fine. We will be fine."

Keefe smirked at her. "I know, because we're Team Foster-Keefe."

Sophie laughed and pecked his cheek. "And Team Foster-Keefe is gonna win."

Biana cleared his throat to remind them she was still there. "Well lovebirds, we need to get Eternalia so I'm don't have to be the only one witnessing the mush."

"I'll get a ride and meet you guys there after the treaty is signed. Everyone still thinks I'm at Exillium so I'll break the news to my parents first." Keefe said.

"How will you get a ride?" Sophie asked.

Keefe winked. "I have my ways."

Biana and Sophie headed back to the carriages, thought not before not before Sophie and Keefe sharing a touching goodbye.

"We were about to send someone to go looking for you guys," Linh said as soon the duo approached.

"Sophie got lost and I had to find her." Biana filled her in as they crawled into the carriage they arrived in.

"I'm not surprised," Linh sighed.

Dex, Tam, and Fitz joined them and soon they'd were on the road to Eternalia.

~

Hello everyone!
I'm not vary proud of that chapter but I hope you liked it anyway.
Thanks for reading!
~T