Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 2: The Devil's Apprentice

"Hello, Lily. Remember me?"

"Wh—"

"Of course you don't," the creature quipped, throwing her head back to let out a sultry laugh that made the ends of my hair stand up in fright. "If you did, we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place."

Striking couldn't even describe her.

What stood out first from the terrifying visage before me were two of the darkest colored eyes that I had ever seen which were calling out to me, beckoning me to come closer only to pull me into a lightless pit of immeasurable depths. Glittering madness. Her hair matched the color of her eyes as even darker than midnight, reaching far past her shoulders. Long lashes batted at me as the corner of her dark, painted lips lifted into a teasing grin.

Her frame was long, and her body almost scandalously curvy. Thin arms currently rested back. Toned and glossy, shimmering in the light. Her breasts jutted out, full and pronounced. They bulged from the cropped bohemian top she wore. No bra. Wrapped around her legs was a sarong. She brought forth a feeling inside me. I felt something thawing—a desire I didn't know I had caged in me, melting away as her pitch-black stare devoured me.

I didn't know what to do. The creature in front of me was possibly the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. If she even was a woman. Did I not mention that she was an even shade of crimson from head to toe? That, and she had long, pointed horns peeking from her hair and a long tail swinging lazily behind her. Arrowhead tapering to a pointed head. A sinister smile played on her lips.

"The power of Christ compels you!"

I didn't know why I said that line in particular, but grabbing a porcelain coffee mug from behind me and throwing it at her next made more sense. Both of our eyes widened as the very end of the flying mug went straight towards her face. It seemed forever before it hit her. The mug hitting her forehead produced a satisfying thud and sent the demonic-looking intruder falling over the other side of my kitchen counter, a high-pitched scream accompanying her.

Then I ran like hell.

I screamed and limped towards the front door as fast as I could. Curious, I couldn't help myself and I threw a look behind my shoulder. The demon and I connected gazes as it tried to get up from on the floor.

"Oh no, you don't!"

I had just gotten a hand on the doorknob when something snaked around one of my ankles. Leathery, tight. My head spun as her tail pulled on my ankles, sweeping my body under me. The motion caused me to fall flat on my back on the floor as a thud echoed along the house. I groaned in pain. In an instant, I was staring at the demon face to face. Her body hummed and bones stretched glossy, crimson skin. A smell sweetly reminiscent of spring imprinted on my mind.

"You're a little feisty, aren't you?" her voice, rich and smooth like dripping honey, reminded me of a siren's call. But she was no siren. The second I caught sight of the fangs peeking from her mouth, I screamed again and tried to bolt away. But the demon quickly crawled over me and sat on my stomach, not allowing me to go anywhere. My heart thundered in my chest as she leaned her weight on me. The sarong she was wearing rode up higher on her thigh.

I had been in a lot of provocative positions in my life—some which were downright life-threatening—but to have someone like a demon sitting on top of you and looking at you like it was about to eat you was a novel experience that both terrified and excited me.

I'm a terrible person. I know.

"Do I need to restrain you, Lily?" the demon bent down, putting a firm grip on my wrists and pinning them on each side of my head. "Because that is something I truly, truly would enjoy."