Chapter 14

R   Y   A   N

I CROSS the garden, passing everyone chattering and into Tori's old room; technically the guesthouse that was used for Tori's room when we first moved in. Since I got back last weekend Dad had been trying to fix it up for me to move in to. Both my parents said that I got use to living on my own with roommates in college and was happy with how responsible I turned out to be. I mean, I have no idea how they doubted me. When they told me they wanted me to take the guesthouse I jokingly took it as a insult as they wanted to kick me out of the main house, which Mum scolded me for, but I was only teasing.
   To be honest I wasn't complaining at all. I had gotten use to not having any parents around while I was away and basically was doing what I wanted, when I wanted. The best part about it was that I had a separate living area from the bedroom. No more inviting people round and sitting on my bed, they could actually sit on a sofa and relax. Not to mention that my room in the main house was small compared to the one I have now, but I must admit, I missed the view of the lake and the dock behind our house. I could still see the lake from my window in my bedroom now, but the view wasn't as perfect from the main house.
   At the far corner of the room there's a staircase, that leads to a balcony where my bedroom is, I could leave my room in a mess and no one would see it as everyone would be downstairs anyway. Best part about my bedroom was the new king sized bed Dad had bought me. I was grateful, as it replaced the small double I had been sleeping on since I got back. It had a small kitchen area with an en-suite bathroom and a mini breakfast bar. Yesterday Noah came round to help Dad fix all the furniture for my room - new desk, chairs, stools, it was already freshly painted white last summer so all it needed were my touches of colour here and there with pictures I hadn't unpacked from college yet. There was a large beanbag - big enough for two people and a coffee table sitting over a blue rug I picked out. There was a black sofa with blue cushions along the wall - the one Mum had Dad and Noah move in here when she replaced the one in the living room last year and a medium size tv on a side table. It was like my own personal flat... but at home.

Opening up the fridge I grab a bottle of water, unscrew the cap and gulp it down. Honestly I was tempted to swig a mouth full of vodka I had hidden in the closet to calm my nerves now that Nate and Nico was here. I'm a bag of nervous energy knowing that they are both here and the last thing I want is to speak about Tuesday. Why on earth are they even here anyway? Placing the bottle down I cross my arms and lift my t-shirt up to go shower - throwing it to the ground, but as I turn around there stands Nico and Nate leaning against the doorway.

"Jesus, you scared the hell out of me! Bloody knock!" I say with my hands on my hips.

Nico's eyes are dark and sinful while Nate is smirking at me. Furrowing my brows when they don't speak I look down and realise I'm wearing a navy lace bra that is completely see through and I know full well they can see my nipples through it. I squeal and quickly grab my discarded t-shirt on the floor, covering my chest, a heat of flushed red evident on my face.

"Nothing we ain't seen before princess," Nico says, his face hard. I clear my throat and shuffle on my feet, I want to cringe so badly but I need to show a brave face.

"Well you haven't seen mine."

"Kinda have now," Nate smiles, cocking his head to the side.

"Look, I was just gonna shower, so if you guys don't min-"

"We don't mind at all, but we do need to talk to you, beautiful. It's important," Nate says still smirking at me. I take a deep breath and I know I'm going to have to face this conversation sooner or later. But I'd rather it be later, like much later or even never. Bravely I step forward, tightly gripping my t-shirt as I look them both in the eye.