Catch me if you can! Story 1

I ran through the woods at breakneck speed, leaping gracefully over fallen trees and logs. Each footfall sounded louder than the last, and the ones chasing me seemed even louder. The once quiet forest was now full of noise. I breathed normally as I ran like I wasn't even running at all, jumping over a particularly large log with the grace of a freakin gazelle. I laughed when I heard a thud from behind me, assuming one of my pursuers has tripped over that tree. I kept running though, as much as I wanted to look back and laugh at them. I ran maybe another half mile when I finally saw a clearing. I pushed myself, bursting through the forest and into an empty cornfield. I ran some more, my lungs just starting to burn, when I skidded to a halt. I stood panting slightly in the middle of the field. Surrounded by men in black suits and angry dogs.

All with tranquilizer guns aimed at my chest. My eyes widened in surprise. At least now I'm 110% sure I'm worth keeping, I joked to myself.

I threw my head back in frustration, laughing a bit to myself.

"Son of a bitch, y'all just don't give up!" I yelled. I'd caught my breath a few seconds ago. I raised my arms and put them in the air, and a few of the men took a cautious step forward. I smirked as I saw a light shadow in the ground that looked like a bird. It was only half bird, as far as I knew.

"Hey! Y'all wanna see a magic trick?!" I yelled out, smiling. The men tightened their grips on the guns, moving in slowly but swiftly. They'd only made it a few steps before I was whisked upwards into the air by a strong pair of dark hands. Dark hands connected to a body that had wings. I laughed as shouts broke out and a few darts whizzed past me in the air, as I was swiftly and very quickly rocketed upwards into the sky. When me and the hands finally made it up high enough, I snapped out my own wings, an almost exact replica of the ones carrying me. I broke free from the hands, turning to see a fuming boy. His face was set in stone, anger in his eyes. I smiled at him, a big, white, toothy grin. A small trace of amusement was in his eyes, but only I picked that up.

"You are an absolute pain in the ass, Atlas." He said, his voice low and smooth. He crossed his arms, beating his black wings powerfully. I threw my head back and laughed, my own cream white wings beating in unison. Almost exact. Minus the coloring. He rolled his eyes, pushing away from me and slowly starting to fly away. I followed him, laughing at the angry shouts I could still hear from below me.

"I know. That's why y'all love me." I said. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was rolling his eyes. I pulled up beside him, not directly seeing as we both had wings, tilting my head and smiling. He gave me a deadpanned look.

"I'm going to knock all you're teeth out." He said. I smiled even bigger.

"Then I'll make an exact replica of someone else again!" I laughed. I could do that, make replicas of bodily features. Like a very advanced chameleon.

"I will make everyone wear masks just so you can't." He replied. I laughed again, closing my eyes and slightly wheezing.

"Alright James, let's just see how Leo takes to that," I replied. James looked at me, rolling his eyes with a hint of a smile on his face.

"Maybe I'll just sew his mouth shut then." James laughed quietly as we arrived at the small mountain house we called home. I saw three figures standing on the large wrap-around porch, waiting for us. One with wings, one with horns, and one with ears protruding from their head like a wolf's.

"Yeah, maybe." I smiled.

*edited*

A/N; Hey, hey, hey! Welcome to Over the Rainbow, a collection of a bunch of random stories and teasers! This is a short teaser for a story that I had an idea for, but will probably never write, called Catch me if you can!

Some of these stories will be short stories that will be finished, and some are just teasers from a story idea that popped into my head.

I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for reading!