Chapter 7

Renjun was tired. He stretched his arms above his head as he waited for Mina to gather her things for class. He looked at his watch, getting impatient with the girl. He sighed, walking behind her to see what was taking so long. He noticed a piece of paper stuck to the door of her locker.

"What's that?" Renjun asked her, ripping it off the locker. He looked closely at the writing.

Goal for this year: Find the Truth

Mina turned around, grabbing the paper from his hands.

"Nothing." Mina said, crumpling the paper in her hands.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Renjun mumbled under his breath. Mina sighed before turning to face him.

"It's a goal I had for this year since I felt bad about the posts by Rumor Has It, but I'm not really sure what to do yet." Mina told him.

"I see." Renjun replied putting his hands in his pocket.

...

Rumor has it that Park Jisung's an immature child, probably gets upset over the smallest things too.

~ Anonymous

...

"This is over the basketball game, isn't it?" Jisung said as tears began to form in his eyes. His friends surrounded him, blocking him from the view of the other students of the school.

"Jisungie, it's just a stupid post, none of it is true." Chenle said, trying to comfort his friend. Jisung sniffled, trying to hold back his tears.

"I hate this." Jisung said as a tear fell down his face. He quickly wiped the tear away, taking a deep breath as he tried to stay strong.

"I just wished someone could just tell everyone the truth." Jaemin said with a sigh. With his words, an idea popped into Renjun's head.

"Maybe there is a way." Renjun said, backing away from the group and making his way down the halls. The boys eyes followed him as he left.

"Where is he going?" Haechan asked, to no one in particular.

...

"Mina!" Renjun called out to the girl entering the newspaper room. Mina smiled as she turned to face the boy.

"Hi, Renjun, what's up?" Mina said, moving aside so the other editors could enter the room.

"I have an idea for a new column!" Renjun told her.

...

Renjun looked around the room. Several students were staring at their screens, typing away. In one corner was a tall lady with short black hair. The placard on her desk read Faculty Advisor: Miss Kim. Renjun still wore his uniform but his tie was loosened with the top button of his shirt undone. His hair was slightly messy from the running he has done. He leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest as he looked at Mina.

"So you spend your free period here?" Renjun asked her. Mina nodded. The last period of the day was called "free period," where they each chose an elective for the year.

"I want to go into journalism, so doing this is pretty helpful." Mina told him as she logged into her computer.

"What's your free period?" Mina asked him as she waited for the computer to load.

"Art." Renjun told her. Mina was surprised, not expecting that answer. Renjun read her face and sighed.

"It's an old hobby of mine." Renjun explained. Mina gave him a small smile, looking at her computer.

"So what's this idea of yours?" Mina asked, leaning forward.

"Maybe you can do an column on revealing the truth from Rumor Has It." Renjun said to her. Mina tapped her index finger on her chin, thinking for a moment.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Mina said, giving the boy a smile.

...

"Okay, let's talk." Mina said to the group gathered around. Mina had mentioned the idea to Miss. Kim, who loved the idea. She had agreed that a lot of negativity had been spreading around the school and it would be a good opportunity to shed some light on the students.

Mina had quickly told the boys to meet her at their hangout. Renjun had kindly offered to drive her, once she was done publishing her articles. Mina's friends were now gathered around the dining table, while Mina had a notebook in front of her, pen in hand.

"About what?" Haechan asked, confused.

"So for my new column, it's going to be focused on bringing the truth to certain rumors spreading around the school." Mina explained.

"So you're going to tell people I'm not gay?" Haechan said, making the group laugh.

"Essentially." Mina said with a smile as Haechan released the breath he was holding.

"Mina, be careful though. You don't want to make Dream look good but make others look bad." Jieun warned her. Mina sighed.

"Yeah, that's the hard part." Mina told the group, resting her head on her chin.

"We'll figure something out, don't worry." Jeno reassured her, patting her back.

"Okay, for my first article, let's work on Chenle's rumor." Mina told them.

"Great, I'll go make some snacks then." Jaemin said, heading to the kitchen, Renjun following. Chenle took a seat next to Mina.

"Chenle, tell me the truth about your rumor." Mina told him.

"Well, first of all, my family is an investor, not the owner. And Jisung skipped a grade, so it had nothing to do with my family." Chenle told her as she wrote notes in her notebook.

"Jisung, what year did you skip?" Mina asked the boy, continuing to scribble in her notebook.

"Uh, 2nd year of kindergarten." Jisung told her as Mina wrote it down.

"Okay, I think that's good. Give me half an hour and I'll have an article ready to go for tomorrow morning." Mina said with a smile as the boys exchanged looks.

"Man, I really hope this works." Jeno said to himself.
———————————————————————————

I was watching the dreamies performances and like Go changed them a lot

I was watching the dreamies performances and like Go changed them a lot. Like the jump from we young to go was huge.