Chapter 4

Author's notes
Hey- to the person that voted on every chapter, thank you! That's all bye-bye
-------

I rested my head on the table, "fuuuck why is everyone gaaay." I groaned.

"...Excuse me?" She gasped in disbelief.

I immediately sat up straight, "no I didn't mean it like that!" I told her. "Please don't get angry..."

"I'm not. I know you want this to stop but it's not going to change itself y'know?" She sighed.

"What should I do?"

"Accept Victoria"

"But I already did!! I told her it was fine by me" I huffed.

"No you didn't."

"And hey I'm not being all homophobic, I'm okay with us talking, see?" I said.

She crossed her arms and looked down on me like I just said something bad.

Oh.

"Knowing a gay person and talking to them doesn't make you ally." She scoffed.

I raised my eyebrow at her, getting a little bit irritated at her replies but I pushed the feeling down.

This is for Tori. I said to myself.

I sighed, "what do you exactly mean by 'accept'?"

"Think of it this way, you're a kid and you hate spiders-"

"I don't hate spiders."

"It's just an example." She sighed, "you hate spiders-" she paused and looked at me as if double confirming that it was an example.

"Yeah." I said, my voice laced with annoyance.

"One day you meet this girl, you hang out and she was really good company. She gives you her candies and both of you tell stories with each other."

"Your point?" I really hated it when I'm being treated like a dumb kid.

She just rolled her eyes, "before you part ways, she said she'll meet you tomorrow because she really liked spiders and that she'll bring her own pet, Lucas, which was a spider. Before you could reply, she went inside her home. What would you do? Show up tomorrow or not?"

I propped my arm on the table and rested my chin on my palm.

"I don't know, show u-" before I could finish my sentence, the bell rang and she clapped her hands.

"See! You got your answer! Now I have to go, I'm the first to report in Sir Jefferson's class." She picked up her bag and threw her trash. "Bye!"

"Bye..."

I pushed myself up the seat and a frustrated sigh escaped my lips.

I never really got my answer. In fact, it made me more confused.

If this girl brought her spider tomorrow, I would show up just to tell her that I never really liked spiders and that she should get rid of it because girls don't like spiders, we like dress ups and pretend family. Not some eight legged weird thingy that leaves sticky web everywhere.

I mean yeah... If she still likes spiders even if I told her to get rid of it, I'll stay as her friend but like...I won't let her touch me because who knows, maybe she didn't wash her hands when she touched one.

*

It was time to get home and I didn't even talk to Tori the whole day. I saw her with some people I barely know and I hate how I'm feeling jealous over it.

"What to do...what to do..." I said to the wind, silently hoping it'll answer me.

I spotted Tori on her way to her car, we locked eyes and I knew she was waiting.

I wanted to apologize to her, to talk to her but my pride has me chained down, of course, I only wanted her to know that I have my own opinions.

She opened the door and put her bag in. Leaning on the car, she crossed her arms and her foot tapped on the cold concrete.

Yeah, hm. It's kinda true, I'm kinda right... It's not my fault if I didn't like the way she thinks about girls.

It's just preference, right?

Realizing that I wouldn't walk up to her, she stood up straight and shook her head. I watched her drive away, leaving me with my own thoughts.

Up until now I still have no idea why she would choose a girl.

Tori's beautiful, she has long straight hair that other women get envious off, I remember girls getting all amazed at how shiny it is in the first week of class.

She's like this perfect main cheerleader in a movie except she's not in cheer and she's not in a movie.

She'd fit in easily if she was.

Either way, I still don't understand how she prefers girls, she can get who she wants she just has to choose... is It because girls are better in bed? Men I've been with aren't really much fun, they do their thing and then leave. They don't even bother asking if

The thoughts about them made my jaw clench in annoyance. Is that why Tori goes with women? Although I know she won't do it just for the sex.

There must be something else, but for now I'll be left with my thoughts and hope that tomorrow everything's back to normal.