Chapter thirteen: A lovely weekend

It was the girls weekend,  Saturday. 

 On the weekends they would either go to the theater, swimming in the gigantic pool the school had or play tennis. 

Bridget and Laura had decided to go swimming. So they ran to their rooms, grabbed their swimming suits and ran down the corridor and accidentally bumped into their form mistress, Miss Hannah.

"Why, hello girls, please don't run down the corridors, it's dangerous. " warned Miss Hannah with a smile on her face.

" Hello, Miss Hannah, bye Miss Hannah !" The girls said happily.

" Why are you girls in such a hurry?" Miss Hannah called the girls .

"Oh, we're sorry, we just wanted to take a swim in the gigantic swimming pool." said Laura and Bridget .

"Okay, oh wait, before you go please read this note from Petunia,'' Miss Hannah said. "She gave it to me last week when you fell down."Miss Hannah said.

So Bridget and Laura immediately stopped.

"Oh." said Bridget unenthusiastically.

Bridget read it out loud so Laura could hear too.

Dear Bridget, I'm very sorry I pushed you down the chair that day. I hope you will forgive me. Well if you're wondering, I was supposed to push you on the floor so you'll be embarrassed in front of the whole class. Also, I still despise you, and I'll tell my mother how bad you are. You made me lose my position as head girl!! Ugghhh!!

Hope you get well soon ( maybe not )!

Petunia

"Wow, that was "nice" of Petunia ,but a weird way to say sorry, isn't it ?" said Bridget.

"Yes ," said Laura, still disliking the girl.

"Okay, you girls better get going." said Miss Hannah.

"Who is the new head girl now ?" Laura asked curiously.

"Ah, that we haven't decided," said Miss Hannah.

"Okay then, bye !" the girls chorused

So the girls made their way to the big pool. When they reached the pool they saw Petunia there with the sports mistress, Miss Alyssa.

"Good gracious! Why is Petunia here?" Laura asked Bridget.

"I don't know!"said Bridget

Miss Alyssa overheard the confused girls and went over to them.

"Hi girls." Miss Alyssa said.

"Oh, hi Miss Alyssa." said Laura and Bridget .

"Oh and Petunia is here because she doesn't know how to swim. She is a big baby! Seriously!" Exclaimed Miss Alyssa.

Laura and Bridget giggled. Petunia overheard this and got angry.

So she jumped in the pool , pretending to drown.

"Miss Alyssa, Miss Alyssa!" Petunia cried.

"What's wrong ?" said Miss Alyssa, turning around in shock.

"Bridget and Laura pushed me into the pool!" Petunia said as she pretended to cling on a fifth former for dear life, but the fifth former turned her head around and shot Petunia an evil look, so evil that Petunia herself backed off.

The poor little Petunia didn't realize something. She was at the shallow part of the pool and the water hardly even touched her waist!

"Excuse me?" Said Miss Alyssa, putting on a silly face.

Laura and Bridget laughed again. Miss Alyssa jumped into the pool and fished Petunia out.

"Oh Petunia are you okay!?" Miss Alyssa said winking at Laura and Bridget.

Petunia for once thought that her trick had worked.

"Ahem-ahem-ahem, I think I caught pneumonia." Petunia fake-coughed .

"Oh, I think I should bring you to Nurse Alice and ask her to give you some medicine." said Miss Alyssa, smiling.

"Oh no no no, I'm well already,'' said

Petunia, afraid that Miss Alyssa would take her to Nurse Alice.

"Oh dear, my trick didn't work again! Those girls sure are annoying!" Petunia said to herself .

Laura and Bridget giggled and laughed at the dramatic girl. And that made Petunia even more angry.

Suddenly, a plan striked Petunia's head. When Bridget and Laura got close to the pool Petunia would push them down. So when Bridget and Laura were getting ready for a dive in the pool Petunia pushed Laura and Bridget.

"Wow! Nice dive girls" Miss Alyssa said as she saw the girls diving gracefully into the pool.

Petunia's push sure was hard but the girls still managed to make a high and graceful dive into the pool. Petunia was raged by the attention that was given to Bridget and Laura.

"Uhhhhhh..........those girls!" Petunia said to herself, giving evil eyes at Bridget and Laura.

"Petunia! What are you doing!" Miss Alyssa shouted from the other end of the pool.

"I-i was just practising my backstroke" Petunia said , pretending to wade in the water, but it all looked rather silly.

"Okay then come over here and show me your backstroke" Miss Alyssa said, positive that Petunia was lying.

"B-b-but i still need time!" Petunia said.

"Oh, just come here, I did give you time, I gave you 1 hour and 40 minutes !" The mistress said looking at her watch.

"Okay!"Petunia said, annoyed.

"Now, relax on your back and push your arms back slowly" the mistress said.

Petunia squealed as she stepped into the icy cold water.

And finally Petunia slowly relaxed down on the water while flipping her hands back wildly, in Bridget and Laura's opinion, she looked like a bird trying to flap its wings.

"Petunia, please be more gentle" Miss Alyssa directed .

"Okay!" Petunia said.

Suddenly, Petunia squealed and ran out of the water.

"Shark! Shark! Shark!" She shouted.

" Impossible, There is no shark in the po-ol!." Miss Alyssa was speechless.

There in the water was a shark's fin sticking out and swimming all around the pool. Even Laura and Bridget were startled.

"Aaaagh shark!"

"Everybody get out, shark!".

There were frantic screams everywhere. Children were shouting at the sight of a shark, while teachers were directing their students to go out of the pool.

"Wait a minute," Laura cried, "that's not a shark! It's Beth in a shark's outfit!" Laura giggled .

"He heehee! Good one Beth!" Bridget laughed.

Even Miss Alyssa was laughing away.

"Did you see Petunia's face!" Beth laughed.

"Oh yes, her face was hilarious!"said the fifth former, whom Petunia had clung too at her 'failed trick'.

"Oh Beth! Laura said you're hilarious!"

"Oh haha ha!"

"He he he!"

"My  tummy hurts Beth!"

"Hey girls, give me some space, this shark outfit is really itchy." Beth laughed, walking away from the crowd.