Chapter fourteen: Weird things happen. (Right?)

It was a beautiful Sunday morning, blue and yellow birds fluttered around Robinson Hill's garden.

Di Di, Di Di !

"Oh sorry Bridget, that was my alarm clock , you can continue sleeping. I have to meet with Miss Hannah in the teacher's lounge right now !"called Laura as she went to the toilet to change.

"Okay " moaned Bridget half asleep a quarter awake.

So after a few minutes, Laura went.

Ring !

Bridget bolted up.

"Good morning Laura!" Bridget said cheerfully, only to find that she wasn't there.

"Oh! I suddenly remembered that Laura told me that she has to meet Miss Hannah."Bridget said to herself.

So Bridget brushed her teeth and brushed her hair with a comb. Finally she put on her school uniform. "I almost forgot to make my bed!" Bridget exclaimed. 

"What ?!"Bridget cried, as soon as she saw her bed

Bridget's bed was covered with glitter.

"Laura couldn't have sprinkled glitter on my bed! She doesn't even keep glitter, I'm sure Petunia wouldn't do this, I was lying down on the bed the whole time!" Bridget said in fright.

What a mystery.

Could it be? Laura had told her before that this castle used to house fairies, but-

No. It couldn't possibly  be true

#

"Hi Bridget, your face is so pale, and why are you late?" Laura asked.

"Uhh, nothing." Bridget answered awkwardly as she buttered some bread.

"Why did you meet Miss Hannah?" Bridget asked.

"Oh, cause I lost my schedule." replied Laura.

"Okay, but how did it go missing?" asked Bridget seriously .

"Well, I don't know ."Laura said shrugging her shoulders.

"Could it be Petunia ? She was angry with us just yesterday ." Bridget said, remembering how Petunia had tried to do all the nasty things to them.

"Oh, maybe. But how did she know where our room is ?" Laura said

"Good point, or maybe you just accidentally lost it, it's no good accusing people when we don't even know a single thing."

"Yeah, oh look ! Lily and Cora are here." Laura said excitedly.

"Hi Lily, hi Cora, how are you? Slept well?'' Bridget and Laura asked.

"Hello Bridget and Laura, we're doing perfectly fine !" called Cora as she and Lily walked to the dining table.

"You're late for breakfast, did you get a warning from the high and mighty prefects?" joked Bridget.

"Yes we did, we got a warning." giggled Lily.

"We better eat quickly Bridget ,we have to finish up our homework ! Hey, do you guys want to join us ?" Laura asked Lily and Cora.

"Sure!" exclaimed Lily.

"Sorry girls, I have to do the darning Matron asked me to do." apologised Cora.

"It's okay, I guess we might as well do our homework with Lily, and maybe we could do our latin dance assignment with Lily ! Me and Bridget did some research for the latin dance!" squealed Laura as they got up to go to the dormitory.

"Oh ok. You guys have fun!" Cora said a bit hurt for being left out.

So off they went.

Laura, Bridget and Lily were having a great time, dancing a funny jig as a joke or tripping on each other's toes and more.

Meanwhile, Cora was having a dreadful time, she took 20 minutes to get the thread through the needle and kept poking herself.

She took an hour or two to finish it. Worse, when she was finished, Matron asked her to do it again, because Cora used red thread for gray socks! 

" Shocking! Please do it again, and make those stitches more even and neat." said Matron as she saw those socks that Cora just sewed.

Poor Cora !

But whatever happened to Bridget that morning still remained an unknown mystery.