Chapter 16

It was now three days until the festival and I was now standing in the practice room waiting for Jimin to get out of a meeting so that we could practice together. It would be the first time in two days since his outburst during our last practice. I decided that I should take the time to stretch out and put on some music. It didn't take long until I was kind of off in my own little world.
I heard the door open and close and I looked over to see Jimin walking in. I could tell he was nervous. The second he saw the dark bruise on my shoulder he looked away.
"Are you ready to practice?" I asked, trying to brush it off as if it was nothing.
"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I should have never struck you. Accidental or otherwise. Please accept my humblest apologies." He said bowing lowly to me.
"Apology accepted. I know that you didn't mean to hurt me. By the way, you don't have to tell me, but what had you so worked up that day?" I inquired. He stood straight and rubbed the back of his neck.
"I'm not really supposed to be telling you this, but they are trying to rush along the selection process for the Collection. In fact, the final announcement is going to take place at the festival." He admitted.
"Why the sudden rush? I thought the next broadcast would be after the festival." I asked.
"It was supposed to be, but with the attack and some recent intel, we have received my father and mother decided that the sooner the better to get out the girls who don't need to be here anymore. Mainly for their own Saftey." He replied lowly.
"What about those who are chosen? What about their Saftey? What about yours and the other princes' safety!?" I exclaimed, my eyes widening at what he was telling me.
"As soon as we announce our picks we have a few options. Firstly to get married right away, another is to go to one of the other manors or castles owned by the royal family or to go visit the family of the girl's." Jimin explained, "The last is to stay here and carry on in courtship and pretend basically that none of this shit is happening."
"What are you going to do?" I asked him seriously. This was all an overwhelming amount of information, I now understand why he was freaking out before.
"You mean what are we going to do." He corrected." I looked at him in shock.
"Excuse me?" I uttered out.
"What? Did you really expect me to pick Lady Jun-li over you?"  He asked curiously with a half-smile on his lips.  I opened my mouth and then closed it.
     "I don't really know what I was expecting,"  I admitted honestly.
    "Do you not want me to choose you?... Do you not like me, Nai (y/n)?"  He asked as he stepped closer to me.
    "What?  No, it's not that.  I just....this is all just a lot to take in."  I breathed out heavily.  Jimin was now standing mere inches away from me.  I had my head turned away but I could feel his breath hitting the top of my head.
   "So you do like me."  He said breathily. 
"Do you actually like me?  Or am I just the best option out of what you were given?"  I inquired as I turned to meet his eyes.
    "Hmm, interesting thought.  What you may not know is that we princes are the ones who chose who comes to the Collection.  And I chose you."  He told me with a small smile forming.  I looked at him stunned.  I had no idea,  I had figured that the King and Queen chose who to bring in. 
    "Why me?"  I asked softly.
"I had heard of you from your brother when we were younger and I had always wanted to meet you in person."  He replied lightly.  "Also I had heard that you were a beautiful and passionate dancer. And I wanted someone who loved dancing and much and I do to be someone who was in the Collection."
    "How did I hold up to your expectations?"  I asked, now slightly amused at his words.
    "Immensely surpassed them."  He replied with a grin.   "So (y/n) I guess I should ask you this properly before we tell the world,". He said seriously.  I began to panic in my head as he got down on one knee. "but.  Will you give me this dance?" He asked with a huge cheeky grin on his face.  I was shocked.
   "Park Jimin, you about gave me a heart attack!"  I yelled at him as I smack his arm as he got to his feet, laughing his ass off.
   "You should have seen your face!"  He laughed. 
    "Don't ever do that to me again!"  I whined as I pushed his chest away lightly from me while he continued to laugh.
    "Okay, okay. Now let's actually get to practice.  Is your shoulder going to be okay?"  He asked in a more serious tone.
    "It'll be fine,  now don't worry about it.  I don't want you to lose focus and accidentally drop me again."  I teased.
   "Hey!  That was only like two times!"  He defended as he began to stretch out.
    "Two times too many,"  I replied sticking my tongue out at him playfully.
    "Don't be so distracting then!"  He exclaimed.
     "Can't help it, it's part of my charm,"  I replied with a grin as I stretched out my legs.   I couldn't help but now be in a good mood.  I don't know if it was because of getting ready to dance or if it was because I now knew the truth behind being chosen.  Either way, they were both led back to Jimin.