Episode 72

Jake walks into the coffee shop with Mia on Saturday and stares in shock at the huge karaoke stage at the back of the shop before turning to her with wide eyes. He knew tonight was karaoke night but he wasn't expecting James to go all out.

Mia looks over at Jake with the same expression and turns back, seeing James talking with some of the assembly men. She begins walking over to him with a smile. "James, this is huge!"

He glances over at her with an excited smile while signing some paper work. "I know!"

Jake stands behind Mia and speaks to James. "I thought this was going to just be a small karaoke night...not a whole stage and hundreds of dollars of equipment."

James shrugs and looks back at the stage. "It was on sale."

Mia looks around the empty coffee house then back at James with confusion. "Are we open?"

James shakes his head. "Not until five. I have to finish setting all of this up and I'm going to need you both to give me a hand then we're open for business." He clasps his hands together with an excited smile and turns around, walking back to his office. "It's gonna be one hell of a night, kids!"

~~~

Scarlett walks up the few steps to Dani's front door and rings the doorbell.

Mr. Landon opens the door with a smile. "Hi...can I help you?"

She smiles politely and holds out her hand. "Hi, you must be Mr. Lovato. I'm Scarlett Westerly, a friend of Dani's."

His mouth widen slightly when he realizes who she is and reaches out to shake her hand. "Ah, the famous Scarlett." He steps out of the way so she can come inside and closes the door behind her. "I've heard a lot about you." He steps further into his house with a smile. "I'm guessing you and Danielle had a fun time Thursday night?"

Her face quickly turns to confusion but before she can spill the beans about Dani's lie, a voice is heard from the top of the stairs.

"Scarlett? What are you doing here?" Dani walks down the stairs and stands beside her dad and Scarlett, forming a kind of triangle.

She smiles wide at Dani and bounces on the balls of her feet in excitement. "I'm here to take you to the coffee house."

Dani's eyebrow raises in confusion. "The coffee house?"

"Yeah, it's karaoke Saturday, everybody is going to be there. So I'm here to make sure you're one of those people." She smiles at Dani and looks back at her dad.

"That sounds fun, Dimples. You should go." Mr. Landon thought it would be good for Dani to get out for a while, her moping and sad energy wasn't fading and he was starting to get worried.

She gives her dad a disapproving look while Scarlett's head is turned. Scarlett turns back to Dani with a smile and Dani shrugs, giving an unsure expression. "I don't know, Scarlett, I'm not really up for anything tonight."

Her smile is quickly replaces with a frown. "Aw, come on, Dani. I promise it'll be fun." She draws out the word 'fun', hoping to change her mind; Dani's dad wasn't the only one that caught on to her gloomy behavior.

Dani sighs and looks from her dad back to Scarlett before forcing a small smile and giving a slight nod. "Alright, just let me get dressed." She turns to walk up the stairs but stops on the second step and turns back to Scarlett with a smile. "You can come on up." She realizes it's probably best to invite Scarlett up to her room than have her dad question her about the Thursday night they didn't spend together.

 Scarlett nods and smiles over at Dani's dad. "It was nice meeting you, Mr. Landon."

"You too, Scarlett."