Chapter 20: Trust?

"I've been drawing you on the wall,
Cigarette after cigarette,
your devilish eyes have been staring at me, just look at my devastated state and laugh."

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, feeling the light around me disappearing and getting replaced by the dark starry sky above, the sun disappeared in a blink of an eye and I could feel the rain drops pattering my skin again. The universe in which his voice brought me to disappeared painfully and pushed me back to reality, because no matter how hard I try I will never be able to escape it.

His eyes were looking at me, reading me and seeing through me once again knowing exactly how his deep voice full of emotions made me feel and this made me gulp nervously.

How could he read me so effortlessly?

"You want to run?" He asked me while a gold twinkle flashed through his eyes. My lips parted in awe seeing what has just happened inside his dark irises while repeating his words. I bit my lips feeling all of a sudden excited, his warmth was still lingering inside me but I wasn't afraid of it.

My chest rose when his hand left my waist and reached out for my hand, I gasped when the sudden cold breeze hit against my waist, his warmth still lingering in the air as the rain drops fell on my waist.

I held my breath when my eyes fell on his large hand in front of me while he was waiting for my response.
"I wouldn't do anything that could hurt you" I quickly lifted my head and gulped when I met his eyes, could he really read me? How could he know me so well even though we were basically still strangers?

Trust, is fragile. Easy to break, Easy to lose and one of the hardest things to ever get back.

I shut my eyes and all I could see were his golden brown eyes looking at me and making me feel calm. Something like trust didn't exist in me anymore, he broke it, shattered and destroyed it into million of pieces but when I looked into Taehyung's eyes a part of me wanted to run with him without thinking.

I couldn't trust you because there wasn't such thing left in me but today I felt comfortable enough with giving you my hand and running with you Taehyung.

I opened my eyes and glanced down at his hand which was still in front of me. I slowly opened my shaking fist, revealing my shaking fingers, placing my hand slowly into Taehyung's hand. I was anxious yet calm and when his slender fingers wrapped softly around my shaking hand, he took away all stacked up worry inside me.

He wasn't giving me looks because my hand was shaking so weirdly, he didn't say anything inappropriate, he didn't make me feel like a disgusting psychopath, he let me be me, with my scarred body and mind, he let me be me.

"I won't let it go" He whispered right into my ear, making goosebumps rise on my skin and my heart skip a beat when he suddenly pulled my hand and we started running back towards Namjoon's villa in the heavy late summer rain.

When our eyes met we out of nowhere started laughing like two idiots, his deep laugh ringed in my ears and I couldn't help but laugh even louder while running with him.

My hand was around his, around the hand of someone who could turn out to be just like him

But instead of shaking in fear, he was able to make me laugh, I was laughing

Without a reason.

For a second I almost forgot about the mess around me while seeing him laughing. Just for a second..

Out of breath and completely drenched we reached the entrance of Namjoon's villa. Our laughter died slowly down as he opened the entrance door and waited for me to step in. I gave him a little smile before stepping in and hearing him closing the door behind us.
The hallway was dark and empty when we quietly walked in, the sound of the water dripping from our clothes filled the quiet hallway.

I curiously looked around, glancing over at the backyard but there were no trace of them left to be found. Were they already sleeping?

I glanced over at the big clock in the kitchen and my eyes widenend when I saw how late it has gotten. How long were we walking outside?

Confused I turned my body to the drenched Taehyung who was also looking confused around the house.
"I guess they are sleeping" He whispered quietly when our eyes met and I nodded shyly. "Do you know where the bedrooms are?" I asked him, remembering it was still his first time staying in Namjoon's villa.

"Actually no" He chuckled while scratching the back of his neck.

Well now all of this was getting awkward, we were used to argue and bark at each other and this sudden change wasn't making it easier for me.

"Okay then follow me" I whispered without looking back at him, I turned around and tip toed towards the stairs that led to the second floor of the grand villa.
We walked the stairs up, him right behind me while we were still breathing heavily from all the running.
When we reached the second floor filled with all the guest rooms I stopped and turned around to face him.

I wasn't aware of how close he was so when I turned around my head collided against his chest making me whimper quietly in pain. "Yah!" I whispered angrily when I turned around and hit my head against his chest because he was standing way too close to me, he laughed deeply while lowering his head to look at me "Be careful" He whispered while his dark eyes were looking intensely at me underneath his wet bangs.

"Just choose a room" I whispered before turning around and heading towards my room but before I could reach my room I felt his fingers once again around my wrist, stopping me from walking.

"No good night for me?" I felt his hot breath against the crook of my neck, I gulped while slowly daring to look into his eyes. "Good night asshole" I quickly replied and avoided his eyes before opening the door and stepping inside the cold room.

I leaned my drenched body against the closed door while exhaling deeply, I ran my hand over my wet face before pushing my body away from the door and heading towards the bathroom to take a hot shower because that's exactly what I need right now.

____________