Chapter 17: Sleepover

As Taiji opened the door to her house, Kuroo could feel the emptiness without her brothers running around.

The two made their way in and flopped on the couch. Taiji dropped her bag on the table and made a bee-line for her room.

"I need a shower," Taiji called just before she entered her room, "There's a bathroom next to the kitchen if you need it."

Without another word, Kuroo heard a door open and close from above. His phone suddenly buzzed, which made him jump a little.

Messages from: Kuroo's Support Team

Loud Akari
[10:23 p.m]: Has anyone heard from her?

Yukoo
[10:23 p.m]: Not yet.

Yakult
[10:23 p.m]: Nothing here.

Nekoma' Brain
[10:24 p.m]: She's with Kuroo.

Loud Akari
[10:24 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Me
[10:24 p.m]: Stop with that face.

Long Legs Lev
|[10:25 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yukoo
[10:25 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yakult
[10:26 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mohawk Ace
[10:26 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Me
[10:27 p.m]: STOPP

Yukoo
[10:27 p.m]: Okay okay, Is Tai okay?

Me
[10:27 p.m]: She's in the shower now.

Nekoma's Brain
[10:28 p.m]: Wasn't the last train 30 minutes ago?

Me
[10:29 p.m]: I'm staying with her for the night.

Yukoo
[10:29 p.m]: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Me
[10:30 p.m]: Goodbye

Kuroo sighed and put his phone away, just as Taiji walked in with a towel around her neck.

"20000 texts from Akari, Lev, and Inuoka combined." Taiji laughed as she plopped onto the couch opposite of Kuroo, "And calls from Yuko, Harumi, and Kenma, I should return those."

Kuroo could see Taiji was forcing her smile. Taking the phone from her hand, he pulled the female captain into a hug.

"You don't have to pretend to be okay," Kuroo could feel Taiji stiffen up, "It's okay to not be fine."

The female captain slowly brought her hand around Kuroo and melted into the hug. No words were needed for them to understand each other as they stayed there for a few more moments.

Taiji pressed a kiss onto Kuroo's cheek just before pulling away from the hug. "I'm really glad that it's Saturday tomorrow."

"Same here." Kuroo laughed, "So what do you wanna do now?"

"Maybe a movie? I don't think I'll be able to sleep anytime soon." Taiji suggested, "You can pick from the case over there."

"Maybe an action movie?" Kuroo flipped through the CDs, "There's a lot of romance and cartoons here."