Episode 77

Taylor's walking down the hall when she sees Scarlett at her locker. "Hey."

She closes her locker and turns to Taylor with a small smile. "Hey."

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was in a pissy mood and I just took it out on you...you didn't deserve that."

Scarlett shakes her head and glances at the ground with disappointment in herself. "No, I did. You were right. I was being a pretty crappy friend and you deserve better than that." Taylor shows a small smile of appreciation as Scarlett's smile grows in excitement. "So...to make it up to you...how about you come over to my place today after school? I thought you, me and Mia could have a mini sleepover, eat junk food, gossip, you know, all the good stuff." She smiles in anxious anticipation; Scarlett was always up for a good slumber party.

Taylor's smile quickly fades. "That sounds great...but I can't. I'm supposed to go home straight after school. Mom's got a new boyfriend and she invited him and his son over for dinner." She rolls her eyes in obvious irritation directed at her mother.

"Oh...that sounds...fun?" Scarlett chuckles softly, still disappointed with the disruption of her plans.

"Yeah...the kind of fun you experience from a root canal."

Scarlett snickers. "Alright well, some other time then?"

"Definitely."

~~~

Mia walks into the coffee shop with a somber expression and walks to the back room, grabbing her apron and then walks over to the counter grabbing an order pad. All this time she remains silent, obviously in deep thought, completely ignoring Jake. He's smirking at her from the side of the counter as she robotically grabs her things and stares off into the distance. "Uh...Hello?"

She comes out of her trance and looks directly at Jake. "Oh...hey."

"You seem...distant."

"Yeah, just a little." She sighs and leans up against the counter.

"What's up?"

She shrugs as Jake jumps back at sits on top of the counter across from her. "You know how I just wanted you to forget what I told you?"

He gives her a fake look of confusion. "What was that again? I forgot." He smirks.

She smirks lightly then looks up at him with serious eyes. "Well, I know what you meant when you said some things are hard to forget."

He gives her a look of concern. "Are you okay? Maybe you need to talk to someone and work through it."

"I'm talking to you, aren't I?"

"I mean a professional."

She gives him a look of disgust. "A quacky brain doctor? No way." She shakes her head and glances at the ground before look back up at him. "It's like I was doing so good for months and then all of a sudden the nightmares are back and I can't stay focused on anything. I'm a month behind in almost all of my classes and I feel like I'm about to come out of my skin."

"Did they start back after you told me what happened?

She shakes her head. "No...it was before that. I guess the first nightmare I had in months was...the night of the Fall Ball. I had to work that night but I remember it because it was one of the most vivid dreams I've had in along time."

"Did anything...out of the ordinary happen that night? Sometimes big events or similar events can bring up past memories."

"Well, I definitely didn't have anything similar to last summer happen to me but...I guess I did kind of have a big event."