t w e n t y s i x

"YAH LEE DONGHYUCK!!", Aerin screamed, startling Donghyuck who was dozing off in her bed

"What was that for?", he whined, looking at Aerin who was sitting on her desk chair.

"It's not that I don't want you here or anything but you've been crashing at my house after school for a few days already and I think it's time you ask for my brother's number."

"I- W-What-", he stuttered, eyes wide as if he was just caught red handed.

"You think I didn't notice the way you looked at him every time he barged into my room? Or that one time when we watched a movie all together and you didn't really watch the movie? Or-"

"Stop exposing me like that!", he interrupted her, obviously flustered.

"Well, let me just tell you that I think he wouldn't mind having your number in his phone.", she smirked at the blushing boy.

"For real?", he asked her with the softest tone she's ever heard from him.

"For real.", she smiled, "Now go get your man.", she dragged him up and pushed him gently out of her room, "You're lucky my brother didn't have to go to uni today and by the way, he's been asking me to ask you if you could help him with one of his demos, maybe start the conversation with that.", she said before closing the door with a smile.

Aerin pulled out her phone and called the only person she knew would be available a Friday afternoon, "Good afternoon, Jeno.", she greeted as soon as he picked up.

"What's up, Aerin? What? You'd be here in twenty minutes.", Jeno suddenly said, confusing Aerin as she didn't say any of this.

"What are you talking about, Jeno?"

"Oh no, don't worry. I didn't forget. See you in twenty.", he quickly said, not even answering her question and hanging up.

"What the-? I guess I have to go to his house now.", she shook her head and changed into some jeans and a white tshirt. Aerin almost barged into her brother's room to steal one of his hoodies but at the last moment she remembered Donghyuck and turned around, grabbing her jean jacket and keys.

Once she arrived at Jeno's house and that Mr.Jeong, the gate keeper, let her in, she calmly walked to the main door, enjoying the nice atmosphere. As soon as she knocked on the front door, it swung open, revealing a stress out Jeno.

"Hi.", he greeted, grabbing Aerin's wrist and dragging her into his house without even waiting for a reply.

"Sweetie, who is this young lady?", a voice asked from another room.

Jeno suddenly stopped, making Aerin bumped into his back. She turned her head to the direction Jeno's was looking to.

"Mom, this is my friend, Aerin.", Jeno said, still holding onto her wrist.

His mom was sitting at the diner table in the dining room with, guess who, Somin, of course and she was glaring at Aerin as usual.

"Hello, Mrs.Lee.", Aerin bowed at the older lady. She noticed three cups of tea on the table, meaning that Jeno was with them before she came.

'Now, I know why you were weird on the phone.'

"We'll be in my room if you need me.", Jeno said and walked away.

"It was nice meeting you, Mrs.Leeeeeeeeeee-", she politely said as Jeno dragged her away before she could finish her sentence properly.

Jeno closed the door of his room behind the two of them and let out a heavy sigh, "Sorry for bringing you into all of this, I was-"

"-stuck in the middle of a tea time with your mom and your ex girlfriend? And when I called you took the opportunity to get out of the situation.", Aerin interrupted him, finishing his sentence for him.

"How did you know?"

"I'm smart.", she answered, making Jeno roll his eyes. Aerin removed her jacket and put it on the couch in his room. Yes, a couch, in his room.

"Can I borrow one of your hoodies?", Jeno looked at her with an expression full of questions, "What? I feel comfy in a hoodie and I want to feel comfy if I'm going to be stuck here until your crazy ex girlfriend leaves."

"You came here on your own free will.", he said, putting his hands up. He walked to one door in the corner of his room and opened it, walking in.

Aerin followed him, saying, "Yeah to save a friend. You're lucky I-", she stopped in her track, her eyes widening at the view, "YOU HAVE YOUR OWN DRESSING ROOM??!"

"Yeah, it's nothing crazy though.",Jeno said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Five people could sleep in here!", Aerin excitedly said, thinking about it.

"Here.", Jeno said, handing her a black hoodie.

"Thanks.", she said, putting it on. It smelled like a mix laundry softener and Jeno which Aerin didn't mind at all.

Jeno unknowingly smiled at the girl in his clothes, thinking, 'Cute.'

"What?", Aerin asked, noticing Jeno staring at her.

Jeno's brain worked fast to find an excuse and what he said made Aerin roll her eyes, "Looks better on me."

a/n: that's not flirting jeno smh 😔