Chapter 4

Arlo was aware of the situation.

Back in October, Isen marched up and asked Arlo, panicked, if he knew if Liana was into that sort of stuff. The dark corner of the Internet, where they coaxed you over with cookies.

Arlo decided to play unaware. Not dumb, Arlo wouldn't say that, or ignorant. He was, "unaware", having "no idea" of what he was talking about.

Arlo wasn't brought over to the dark side. Definitely not. He wasn't coaxed over at all by that girl's non-stop messages and that website that always had new things. Not that he knew that. What?

His phone buzzed. Isen had just left. Liana texted him.

Tell Isen and I will poison your coffee

Alright. It would've been a delicious way to go out, but he valued his life. Plus, tormenting Isen? It was a great idea. It was one instance and Isen was already panicking. Arlo honestly wanted in, but he had a reputation.

No. He didn't want in. He had no idea what was even happening between the two of them.

Odd business aside, that Arlo totally wasn't into, that tiny peanut of a barista seemed to be doing fine in school. Despite all the broken bones and him being told to leave her alone for his image, she was starting to do better.

She was part of the decorating committee, was found to be a very good baker and coffee maker(so she even made pastries for the Halloween party literally there so that you could skip class... if you paid 2 bucks). Darren seemed to like her a lot, too. She learned about room numbers, wasn't failing classes, and was making more acquaintances. She was even starting to make food for school events, because she did it without expecting payment. He even got a picture of her in the school kitchen, making chocolate cake. He had a sneaking suspicion that Keene or Darren signed her up for it.

He didn't need to worry about her. Other than the occasional bullying, but she kept to herself, Darren always fixed her up afterwards, and she said she learned how to avoid being beat up.

She didn't say what it was. But she was still appearing to work, and seemed fine.

When snow began to fall, Liana, in the middle of a meeting, got a message from Isen.

Isen
Liaaaa!

I know it was you!

How do you know my locker number oh my god

Lia
I'm in the middle of a meeting, sorry. What are you talking about? Is everything okay?

Isen
StOPPPPPPP

She left him on read.

When they were let out from the meeting, she speed walked to her first classroom.

"LIAAAA!"

Fearful, she heard Isen scream behind her with feet hammering against the floor.

Blyke and Remi, oblivious to why, were trying to get Isen to leave her alone, pulling him back.

"Lia, run!"

She dashed toward the stairs.

Isen let out a wail. It only made her run faster. Passing by a student, their items began to float from her nervousness activating her ability.