Chapter 23

"Jug head, mother gave me the copies of the photos taken last week." I stopped playing with my guinea pigs and turned to brother who's placing a laptop on our garden table. I immediately released one guinea pig and went directly to him, pushing him aside and sat on the chair which he was just about to take.

"Let's me see!" Clicking on the folder that he highlighted I searched for the pictures.

"Woah, slow down Jug head." In my rush I shook him off when he touched my shoulder.

Where is it?

Last week, I had my birthday celebration. Mother naturally hired photographers to take pictures of me in every moment, and that included me crying! I want to rub my face so much, I am so careless!

Here it is!

I saw a couple of photos from that time opening presents, I clicked on one photo and continued to swipe right. I stopped clicking when I saw the photo of me looking at the music box and Sehun giving me a look with a small smile on the corner of his lips.

"So he really gave you a handmade present."

"He did." I replied.

I continue to click right until I found the picture of me crying. I closed my eyes and shook my head, why? Why did I have to cry?

Was it because he put so much effort in it that I got so emotional? Aside from me crying my eyes out, the photos actually turned out wonderful. He was just looking at me at every photo while I was shifting my eyes from the present to his face.

"For someone who hated seeing photos of herself crying, you look happy." Suspicion is evident on his voice. I pouted trying to cover up the smile painted on my face. Brother sat on the opposite side and closed the laptop. I withdraw my hand before he closed it and gave him a glare.

His jaw clenched removing his hand from the laptop,  it wouldn't be a surprise that brother's features really matured over the years. I wouldn't deny that he looks as handsome as Suho now.

"Sejeong." My eyes relaxed and gulped. He rarely calls me by my name, he usually calls me Jug head. This means he is serious now, no jokes and games.

"Do you like him?" He asked.

My breath shortened as my chest started to beat stronger, my hands dropped to my lap.

Seeing how I am not answering him, he tilted his head and raised both his eyebrows.

"I think you're aware of his feelings for you by now. No one would go that far to make a present for just some friend. Sejeong, answer me." My eyes fluttered, I want to look away but for some reason I cannot seem to move an inch. My lips parted forcing myself to speak.

"Why do you want to know?"  Stuttering, I asked.

"I don't. It's you who needs to figure it out." He leaned back and smirked. "I don't care about that boy, Jug head I want you to be honest to yourself."

I raised my eyebrow.

"I won't expect you to figure it out that quick, after all you're a Jug head." He chuckled and pushed the table and stood up.

"I got to go now." He smiled, walking towards me and messed my hair with his palm, I slapped his hand away. He retrieved his hands, laughing and leaving me dumbfounded sitting alone in our garden.

I rested my head on my hands on top of the table, facing down with a few tiny sunrays peeking inside through my fingers.

I'm not stupid!