Chapter Twelve

"How long have I been here?" I questioned as I pushed the cheesy ravioli's around my plate.

He finished chewing his food, eyeing me while I played with mine.

"Two weeks."

Two weeks. I was probably out for a while. How did he know how to take care of me?

I stared at the window in the kitchen, noticing that it was halfway open.

The sun was bright and was shining upon the table.

"You should eat that. You've lost weight." He said softly, bringing me out of my trance and pointing his fork towards my plate.

I sighed, then picked a ravioli up, nibbling on it. I raised my eyebrows at him while taking a small bite and chewing slowly.

It actually tasted good, but I still was too numb to want to eat.

I made myself anyways not wanting to repeat the eggs ordeal ever again.

Doesn't mean I had to eat fast though.

I took a bite of the other half of the ravioli, then washed it down with the cold glass of water. I observed the little perspiration dots of water on the outside of the glass.

"I still don't know your name." I commented.

He took a sip of his glass of water before responding.

"Lorenzo." He answered.

I continued eating instead of making conversation, not wanting him to get the idea that I was interested in him.

"That's all you want to know?" He questioned, pushing his now empty eyes plate to the side.

I chewed on another ravioli.

If I ask more questions he will think I'm interested. Curiosity killed the cat anyways, the less I know about him the less attached I will be.

"That's all." I stated, pushing my half empty plate towards him.

"You want it?" I questioned hopefully. My stomach was full. That's the most I've ate at once in a while.

He observed me.

"One more." He stated, picking up the fork and cutting a ravioli in half.

"Only half?" I questioned.

"No, I just noticed that you like to eat your food a little at a time." He answered, holding the half of the ravioli up to my mouth.

I quickly bit it off and started chewing, while he watched in amusement. I could feel my face getting red.

He held the other half out. I reached out for the fork this time, resulting in him pulling it back.

"No." He said while smiling, "Don't be embarrassed."

He held the fork out to me once again and I quickly ate the last half, washing it down with my water.

"Why have you been so nice?" I questioned.

He has been way too nice today. He didn't even break a door down. Not that I closed one, but I cracked the bathroom door earlier.

"I thought you didn't want to ask any more questions?" He asked, while now eating my ravioli.

I shrugged, picking at my nails that were all bitten off.

"You're young. I've realized I need to be more patient with you." He answered.

Yeah, you think?

I thought about when he pulled half of my scalp out. Wish he could have realized it then.