Chapter 34

Haley

Archer disappeared somewhere with Stephen and asked me to sit in the lobby while Grant stood near the lobby.I thought he would follow them.

He was standing somewhere close by speaking on the phone while his eyes was on me. I think he's babysitting me or possibly he could be talking about me on the phone.I see Caitlin and Lilliana coming out from the elevator.

"What's up, girl?" Lilliana asked excitedly. I realized once she's comfortable around you, she can be the craziest of all like Ann.

"I'm just waiting for Mr.Rivera." I said.

"Going home?" Caitlin asked.

"I guess so?" I said.

"It's strange you go home with him. Usually, he just picks them up if it's on his way, but he never drops them."

How can I tell them we stay together? That would be awkward.

"We run over the schedule for tomorrow when we are on our way home." I said.

Lilliana rolled her eyes. "That's one of the reason I saved up money to purchase a car. They make you work extra at car, also."

"You live somewhere close by, right?" Caitlin asked.

"Yes." I said and hoping she wouldn't say she can drop me off home.

"I can drop you home." She said.

"That would be inconvenient." I said.

"It's nothing inconvenient. What's the apartment name?"

"North York." I said quietly.

"You live in that condo?" Lilliana said. "That's the most expensive condo here."

"The owner rented to me in a cheaper price." I said.

"I would be suspicious about that." Lilliana said.

"Come, it's on my way." Caitlin said.

"I will let Grant know." I said.

"Who's Grant?" They asked.

I pointed to Grant who was watching us closely.

"The hot bodyguard." Lilliana smirked.

I walked to Grant and he eye me suspiciously.

"Caitlin said she can drop me home." I said quietly.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He said to me.

"How do I not make it suspicious?" I asked.

"I will let Mr.Rivera know." He said taking out his phone.

"He seems to be in an important meeting at the moment. Why do you have to inform him what I do?" I asked.

He was quiet. "I will be on my way." I said giving him a smile.

"I still think it's a bad idea." He said.

"We should be fine." I assured and I waved him goodbye before following Caitlin and Lilliana to the building's parking lot.

"For a moment, I thought you two were having an argument." Lilliana laughed a little. "I thought he would have simply said an okay."

"He's not sure if Mr.Rivera will need my help later."

"You are done with work for today." Caitlin said.

"That's right, girl." Lilliana said.

We waved Lilliana good-bye. Caitlin have a black Honda sedan. It smells of fruits fragrance as soon as you enter. I put on my seatbelt while she adjusted the coolness of the car. Check her mirrors and slowly pulled out of the parking space.

"How long have you been in New York?" She asked.

"About a week." I said.

"First time here?"

"Yes." I said.

"What made you decide to start here?"

If only you knew. "I was always curious about New York." I said, which was true. "And then I heard there was a vacancy here..and I got in."

"Mr.Rivera is very difficult to deal with." She said quietly. "I don't know if you have noticed that. His assistants were not that strong minded, most of them were swooning over him and had the idea that he will fall in love with them and those fantasy." She laughed. "Or that bad boy kind of fantasy."

"That must be sad."

"You are the decent one so far.." she said. "Most of them are arrogant because they work right under him."

"Doesn't make sense to me." I said.

"Right." She said. The traffic was bad at the moment.

I see Archer's name when my phone rang and I picked up the call.

"We were suppose to go home together." He hissed on the phone.

"I didn't know that, sir." I said hoping he would take the hint, that I'm not alone.

"Where are you now?"

"Stuck in traffic." I said.

"Let me know when you are home. I will go for my appointment straight from here. Do not do this next time. Wait for me or tell Grant to drop you off if you are in a hurry." He was mad. I don't know his problem.

"Yes, sir." I said.

"Was he mad?" Caitlin asked.

"No. He just had something to add on his calendar and was looking for me." I lied.

"Oh." She said looking confused for a moment.

We pulled into the main entrance of the building and I was relieved.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." She said. "Anytime. Have a good night."

I waited until she pulled out to the traffic. I texted Archer I was home while I pressed for the elevator door.

"Excuse me." I heard a gruff voice. I turned to see an unkempt man with a dirty black hoodie and dark jeans. There was a scar in one of his eyebrow. I felt unsettle the moment I noticed a knife in his hand. My heart started racing as I looked at this stranger.

"I think you owe me something." He said very quietly which give me an absolute chill.

"You must have got it wrong." I said as the elevator pinged and the door opened. I didn't want to go inside with this man following behind me.

There was no security around as well.

"Am I?" He asked and cocked his head to one side and blinked a couple of minute and what seemed like forever he turned around to walk away and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I entered the elevator quickly and punched the code for the apartment and it went directly there without stopping. I think it's one of the perks.

Mrs.Nolan was vacuuming the house when I entered.

"Ms.Lynne, Good evening. Mr.Rivera is waiting for a phone call from you.." She said to me. "Are you okay?" She looked at me worriedly. "You look pale."

"I met a man near the elevator with a knife. Should we inform someone about it? I don't know if he's a resident here or not." I was in full panicking mood now. I don't know about that man's intention-he might hurt someone as he have a weapon with him.