Party Crasher

'''I think is a great idea that you're thinking of letting Magnus throw the party for Max's rune ceremony, since well neither of us have a greater taste than him. '' Katherine pulled opened the door of Magnus's loft as Alec nodded his head in agreement with her.

The warlock turned to face the two and smiled ''Back already?'' she chuckled ''Yep, but we're here to ask you something.'' Katherine looked at Alec who was standing besides her ''How would feel about throwing a party?''

An excited gleam entered Magnus's eyes and he looked between the two ''Have you met me?'' Katherine bit her lip and let out a nervous chuckle as Alec continued ''It is for Max's rune ceremony.'' the excited gleam died down and was replaced by a wary look ''I think I'll pass.''

He turned to move away and she sighed ''Magnus....'' ''I'm sure I'll love Max. But Maryse? That woman hates me.'' ''Well this party will show her how good of a person you're, it will show her that you raised me up that you are my father, and a very good one at that.'' the warlock smiled at her, his smile was full was emotion.

''That and the fact that she can  see that Kate and I, it's not going away.'' Katherine looked at Alec who squeezed her hand with a smile before looking back at Magnus who's eyes had softened ''Are you sure about this?''

''Why wouldn't we be?'' 

''Then I better get to work.'' Magnus winked at Katherine and she gave him a smile. Alec looked at her as he suddenly remembered something ''Kate, you took away pain from Izzy, didn't you?''

Katherine nodded her head and then shrugged in confusion ''Yeah, and it was a huge amount of it....Alec, something's wrong with Iz.'' she looked at him in worry and Alec caressed her cheek before before kissing her forehead.

''We'll find out about it don't worry.''

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

''At the residence of Magnus Bane?'' Maryse looked up from the invitation to her son, who was keeping his face void of emotions ''It's very kind of your friend to offer but the Rune Ceremony is a solemn rite of passage for shadowhunters. Not some downworlder rave.''

''Where does it say anything about a rave?'' Alec leaned in and pretended to read the invitation ''And why is it only for shadowhunters?'' ''It's tradition.'' Maryse placed the invitation back on the table.

He mentally snorted as he thought what would Katherine have said if she had been there with him, it would probably be along the lines Well then, I am not a very big fan of our traditions

''Traditions change, especially those based on ignorance.'' Maryse chuckled as Alec continued ''Anyone who cares about Max should be there and that includes me and Kate together as  well as Magnus.''

''If dad were here, he'll understand-'' '' Well he's not.'' Alec frowned, taken back at the sudden coldness of his mother's voice. ''Alec.....I don't want to fight with you.'' she got up from her chair ''This dinner, it should be about family.Our family.''

''What family? You wanted Jace dead, and tell me the truth, were you really glad to see Kate alive?'' anger burned in his throat ''I was following orders and  Alec, I am not a monster, so don't think that I wasn't glad when I saw that Kate was fine.'' Alec kept his gaze on her ''You keep saying that, after a while it loses its meaning.''

''You are right.Of course we'll be there. Thank you for going to all this trouble for us.'' she sat back on her chair and Alec leaned on the table .

''Thank Magnus.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

''Did I tell you that you look beautiful?'' Ales stared at Katherine lovingly , his arm around her waist and   she  chuckled as the two stood near the door as a mass of shadowhunters swarmed in Magnus loft ''You did. And I said that you don't look too bad yourself.'' she smoothed down his coat.