IM Smitten

hi you guys. happy sunday evening. i hope you had a good weekend. 

i made a trailer for catfish and caught (took me like several hours) so i posted the one for this story at the side. i've never ever done trailers before so please ignore the fact that it sucks dick ??

also tori got to 100k so congratulations toriiiii

________

Louis is pretty happy, he thinks. Actually, he knows. He's one hundred and eighty-nine percent absolutely positive that he is happy. And, for some reason, it feels terribly surreal. 

Harry's breath feels hot on his chest as he snores quietly, nose twitching against the skin of Louis' collarbone. Louis fights the urge to play with the loose strands of hair tickling at the base of his throat, because it had taken Harry over an hour to fall asleep (and when he had, of course it was in Louis' arms). 

Louis also chooses to ignore the fact that it's just past two in the morning and he has somewhere to be in the morning, because Harry is his everything. He grips Harry tighter, just to make sure he doesn't dare drift away ever again. No, he keeps Harry rooted at the same time Harry keeps him stable. They need each other, Louis has come to this conclusion, even though they drive each other up the wall sometimes. Even though Harry's kind of an idiot, that's okay with Louis because he knows that the same is true for him. 

He clenches his eyes shut, trying to let sleep make its way into his heavy, exhausted body. Louis' gaze focuses back on Harry once more when he shifts in his sleep, knocking Louis' hand with his own. Louis smiles to himself, biting on his lower lip to keep himself from laughing. Instead, he decides to focus on the way his feet only reach Harry's ankles and the way Harry's fingers grab at the material of the sheets, like they're trying to find something to hold on to, something to keep him in place. 

Louis' own nose twitches, and he frowns to himself. The feeling intensifies, however, and Harry's body feels like a fucking dead weight on top of Louis' chest, so there's kind of no way for Louis to like, escape. He clamps his eyes shut and holds his breath, but it's no use, really, so Louis frowns at himself.

And then he sneezes. Loudly.

Harry jumps awake almost instantly, his hazy eyes focusing and darting around anxiously until they meet a blushing Louis, hand pressed over his nose as he giggles. "Mornin', Haz."

Harrry doesn't even seem upset, is the thing; he just smiles that one smile (you know, the dimple-y one that sort of only reaches one ear?) and threads his fingers through Louis' available hand as he sits up. "Time 's it, Lou?"

"Oh, I don't know," Louis replies, dropping his hand and sniffling quietly. "I think I'm coming down with something."

"You've been sneezing all day," Harry hums, brushing some stray fringe from Louis' slightly sweaty forehead (Harry is fucking hot, okay?) and kissing the exposed skin. It send chills down Louis' spine, but the only thing he replies with is a sheepish nod and a little cough. "Do you want me to find you something? Like, I dunno, medicine? Do we even have any of that? I'll go buy you some-"

"Don't be ridiculous." Louis' eyes are not shining with fond, he'll have you know. They're watering. Allergies, remember? "I'll be fine. A case of the sniffles isn't gonna kill me."

"It might," Harry snickers, but then his face falls and his tone becomes very serious. "And that's not allowed to happen."

Louis rolls his eyes. "You're an idiot."

"I'm being serious, Lou! You need to stay, 'cause I fully intend to keep you here for the rest of your life." Harry stupidly tackles Louis down, pinning him to the mattress. His necklace droops down (why the hell does Harry wear his necklace when he sleeps?) and Louis fights the urge to take the tiny little metallic cross into his mouth, because, you know. That'd probably be inappropriate. "And make you all mine."

"Get off me, you fucking oaf," Louis demands, but he doesn't really mean it. He wouldn't mind staying like this forever, if he's being honest. Harry's knees are bracketing his hips and his hands are right above Louis' shoulders; the ideal position for Louis' hand to snake up and grab a handful of curls if he wanted to. He really wants to. 

"You love it." Harry pokes his tongue out. Louis hmphs at him and attempts to cross his arms over his chest, but Harry dips down and kisses him quiet before he really gets a chance. Fucking rude, he is. Louis has a dickhead for a boyfriend. He hates him, honestly. 

"I do." Louis breathes against the skin of Harry's cheek when Harry goes to press a kiss to his jaw. It's only a few seconds later that Louis remembers that hey, they should probably be sleeping and hey, Harry is really heavy and muscle-y and he's sort of crushing Louis. "Either stop laying on me or get off, I can't breathe."

"You wouldn't be able to talk if you couldn't breathe," Harry protests. Louis pushes at his bare chest with a whine, thumbs pressing into the skin of Harry's abdomen. "Hey, stop that. It tickles."

"Harry," Louis drawls. "Jesus, Harry, you're being a fucktard."

"A fucktard?"

"A fucktard," Louis confirms, ignoring Harry's uncontrollable giggles as he finally shoves him off. Louis sighs in relief, stretching his arms out above him and arching his back. Harry's fingers rub at his side lightly. 

"I love you," Harry randomly announces, but it's okay because it makes Louis' heart grow about thirteen times larger. "I love you so much. Did you know that?"

"I think so." Louis can't hold his smile back anymore. He rolls onto his side to face Harry, and he wishes that he could see the green of Harry's eyes. Fucking dark, he thinks. "Oh, God, Harry. What are we gonna do?"

Harry's brow furrows cutely. "What do you mean?"

"What are we going to do when people start to ask about us? I don't know what to say. I mean, I haven't openly discussed my sexuality with anyone. Not in the media, I mean. It'll be... weird."

"Good weird. Positive weird. We're making progress. We're making things better. We're changing the world." Louis rolls his eyes again at Harry's spiritual response. Spiritual? Maybe stupid is more like it. Louis doesn't know why his brain is so rude at two in the morning. He also takes this chance to notice that Harry's lips are moving again. "-And we've probably inspired thousands of closested fans to come out-"

"Yeah, and that's wonderful," Louis interrupts, "but that doesn't mean coming to terms with the fact that there's no going back is any easier."

"No, of course not, you're right," Harry responds just a little too quickly. Louis cocks an eyebrow. "I just... we're in this together, yeah?"

"Yeah." Louis scoots closer, pressing up to Harry and nosing at the skin of his arm. "You and me. Against the world. Louis and Harry."

"Harry and Louis."

"Louis and Harry." Louis pecks Harry's arm. Harry shudders lightly, and Louis definitely does not smirk.

"Harry and Louis," he protests.

"Fine. Harry and Louis. But only because it's alphabetical." 

"Really? Not because you love me?" Harry pouts. Louis wants to kiss it away.

"Nope. Not how it works, Styles."

"Whatever you say, Tomlinson." Harry winks at him, fucking winks, and Louis thinks about pursuing this argument on further but he decides against it because, well, they really need to get to sleep.

Actually, Louis just really likes to see Harry smile.