Chapter 2

I was sitting on a treebranch, high up in the tree, when one of the boys ran underneath my feet. He was thin and lanky with dirty blond hair and a young face. I was perched so high, he didn't even see me and ran straight under the branch I was perched on. 

"Hey, Girl! We ain't gonna hurt you!" He shouted, and I flinched.

"Shuck you're loud. Slim it, will ya?" I snapped without thinking, surprising myself. He whirled around, only noticing I was high above him when I let my legs hang down. 

His eyebrows lifed. "Oh - Sorry. I'm Newt." He told me, as I clambered down. I was about eye-level with his chin and I had to tilt my head back to look him in the eye. m. 

"Welcome to the glade, Newt," I said, smirking at his odd name. "I'm Thalia." I held out my hand, and he shook it.

I turned to head back toward the clearing, but he grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

"Sorry, but, where are we? Who are you?" He asked. 

"Why don't we wait until all you boys are together so I don't have to explain this more than once. I call this place the Glade, and I've lived here for the past month. I guess you shanks live here now, too." I said grimly. 

Newt paused, seemingly mulling over what I'd just shared. 

"-Just curious, but what do I look like? For some reason I can't remember anything about myself but my name, and I'm assuming there aren't many mirrors around here." He asked, frustration evident.

I looked him up and down, and I opened my mouth to describe Newt just as another pair of footsteps thundered towards us.

A tan asian boy with short black hair who looked to be about sixteen or seventeen appeared between the trees, making a beeline for Newt and myself. 

When he got to us, he gasped "-Hey! - you found her!" He settled his hands on his knees, catching his breath. 

I answered him, my lips settling in a smirk. "Yes, you found me, congragualtions. Do you want a prize?"

Dang, I thought, I'm really on a roll with this sarcasm. The boy looked a bit surprised, before straightening up to give me a full-blown smile.

"I like 'er. I'm Minho, by the way," he said. I smiled back. 

"I'm Thalia. Newt was just asking me to describe how he looks to him." I redirected my attention back to Newt.

"As I was saying, You've got dirty blonde hair, and you're obviously taller than me, maybe 5'11''? You're probably around six-"

Yet another set of footsteps cut me off, and a dark-skinned boy with hard features made his way to join us.

"Guys! you found-"

"Yes! They found me!" I practically shouted, exasperated. "Now can I please, finish one shucking sentence!"

He then promptly shut his mouth, his eyes wide.

"Now - so I don't have to repeat this three different times. We're all probably around the same age, so teenage I'd guess. You have black hair," I turned, pointing to Minho. "You have.. no hair? Yeah, you're practically bald. Sorry shank." I laughed as I pointed to the new, dark-skinned boy. "And you - Who are you?" I said to our newest arrival.

The new boy towered over me, and he had short, closely shaven light brown hair and green eyes.

"I'm Gally," He said simply. "Hi. I'm Thalia."

"I'm Alby," said the dark-skinned boy, and I nodded my head at him.

Newt had been quiet for quite a while and he stood off to my left, rubbing his lips with the tips of his fingers.