21

Liked by tchalamet, edenhempel, and 295,749 othersadelinehayes: my mom replaced me with a dog

adelinehayes: my mom replaced me with a dog... named Chico

View all comments

username: are you dating Timmy?

tchalamet: I miss you please come back
|
armiehammer: lover boy is lonely

ashleyloven: miss adeline you are SERVING me looks today

username: lily was so much prettier than her
lilyrose_depp liked this comment

—————

ADELINE'S POV

My heart sinks when I see that Lily like yet another comment hating on me. I've never even met her before so I'm confused on why she's praying on my downfall so hard.

I sigh as I turn my phone off and enjoy the sight in front of me. I'm sitting at the top of a hill I used to come to all the time when I lived here. It was like my quiet place and it has a perfect view of the sunset.

I came here to think or just to get away from the torture that was High School.

My phone dings catching my attention. I look down at my phone and see that it's Ashley and Eden.

—————
GROUP MESSAGE
ASShley- Ashley
eatin'- Eden
addy baddy- Adeline

ASShley
did she seriously
like another comment,

addy baddy
yes I literally don't
want beef

eatin'
she's being so childish

ASShley
have you talked to
Timmy about it

addy baddy
yea he said not to
worry about it

ASShley
I might just walk
my ass to his apartment
and slap him

addy baddy
I'm just trying to
ignore it I'm not going
to beef with her on instagram
that's so childish

ASShley
I envy you for being
a good person

eatin'
Timothee needs to
control her

addy baddy
i'd rather he not
because that gives her
an excuse to talk to him

ASShley
so true she'll probably
try and manipulate
him to be her little
robot again

addy baddy
I gtg help my mom
prepare food for tomorrow

—————

I lied. I didn't have to help my mom prepare food. We aren't even having a thanksgiving dinner. I just didn't feel like talking about it anymore.

I stand up from my spot on the hill and walk back to my car. I miss being able to walk to everything. I hate driving.

As I'm driving home my mind wonders. I don't know where I'm going until I end up in the parking lot of my favorite ice cream spot.

I used to come here all the time with my friends after school or on the weekends before we went out boating.

I make my way into the ice cream parlor and give my order to the girl behind the counter.

She hands me my cone with chocolate ice cream and I sit down at a vacant table. As I'm licking away at my ice cream I see a pair of feet approach me.

I lift my head to see a familiar face.

Gunnar Blue

"Adeline, how are you?" He smiles down at me, engaging in a conversation that I didn't want to have right now.

I return a smile. "Good" I lie. ""How are you?"

"I'm great now, can I?" I asks, gesturing for the empty chair at the table.

I nod, indicating that he can sit. "It's been a while. The last time I saw you was graduation right?" I speak, taking in his features. He hasn't changed.

"Yea I think so, it feels like longer though" he replies with a nod. "So your in New York now?"

"Yep, going to Columbia" I answer, biting in on my cone. "Where are you these days?"

"I'm also in New York, working for my dad. I skipped the whole college bullshit" he laughs causing me to laugh along.

"You were never one for school" I smile remembering how much he despised school.

"I see you've been modeling a lot more" he comments. "You always swore you were going to be a model when you got out of this stupid town"

I laugh some more as memories of our conversations from school flood my mind. "I'm a women of my word"

"That you are" he laughs along. "Is your number the same?"

"Yep I never change it because I won't be able to remember a new number" I say, putting the last bit of cone into my mouth.

"Well maybe we can grab lunch or something when we're back in the city?" He proposes, my heart filling with guilt as I remember Timothée.

I wonder how he would feel about this.

Despite my thoughts I nod with a forced smile. "Of course"

And with that we say our goodbyes and I make my way home.

I can't get my mind off of the interaction I just had. Gunnar was a close friend in high school. He was the friend that would do anything you told him to. He wasn't scared of any punishment from anyone.

Whenever I wanted to do something stupid and wild, Gunnar would be the person I would do it with.

He looks the same as he did a few months ago. He has shaggy, dark brown hair and hazel eyes and sometimes he would have a scruffy beard.

He dresses the same too. He has an edgy style sense that screams 'I do drugs'.

My mind wonders back to Timothée. I shouldn't feel guilty for talking to another guy, who's been my friend for years, but I do.

929 words
sorry this is so short:(
but a new character;)))) Gunnar
will be played by Matt Champion
I hope you guys liked this chapter thank you for all the support