Chapter 13

Second Person POV

"Tell me Senku, (Y/n), how do we make the cure-all medicine to defeat Ruri's sickness," Chrome asked wanting to help Ruri has fast as possible.

"I'll help in any way possible if it means Ruri will get better," Kohaku chirped in.

Turning towards Senku you found a smirk made its way upon his face.

"Remember Senku, we're doing this for Ruri, I know what you're thinking so stop, just because we'll save Ruri doesn't mean you can force people into joining the kingdom of science. They have to willingly join, not because you did something nice for them, but because they trust you." 

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Grabbing a stick Senku began drawing a road map diagram.

"The kingdom of science is going to be making an antibiotic, it's a scientific wonder drug that kills bacteria infecting a person. It's saved millions of people's lives ever since it was discovered in the early twentieth century."

"We can't do blood tests. We have no idea what her disease is. But, it's worth trying anyway," you smiled brightly at the two.

"Alright, let's get on it right away!"

"What do we need," Kohaku questioned.

"Guys be patient, we're missing all kinds of stuff," you tried calming them down.

"Look here, these are the two routes to take the antibiotics. We can take the biological route and make penicillin from living things, or we can take the stone route and make sulfur from rocks."

"Wait, Senku, I don't understand, living things? Rocks? How do you make medicine from those," the blond-haired girl asked.

"There is a type of penicillin made from a green mold, it's the most famous one. But making penicillin in the stone world would be a massive game of chance where we'd be going 'Hey, we managed to stumble upon super green mold that's ten billion percent more powerful, woo!' Or we could just have to pray, 'Please Lord, give me, give us some nice green mold, thanks.'"

"Meanwhile in the stone route, making sulfa drugs will take insane amounts of diligence and manpower, but even in the stone world," you took two strands of you're hair and put them in front of your face mimicking Senku, "we'll land on the drug, ten billion percent."

"The answer is obvious," Chrome said raising his fist.

"We're talking the stone route!!" Both Senku and yourself yelled enthusiastically. 

"We'll get each material one by one and warp right through 2 million years of science history. This is the science roadmap to the cure-all," Senku said finishing the diagram he once started.

Staring at the diagram made Chrome and Kohaku's stomach churn.

We have to get all of that, well if this is for Ruri, I'll do whatever it takes, they though.

"Let's start with the iron stuff first. Wait, what's iron?" The brunet questioned.

"Chrome, iron isn't going to be the easiest thing to obtain," you sighed.

"Teach me what it is then, and while you're doing that, teach me everything you know!!"

Timeskip

"The planets the one that's moving, dude, that's so cool!" Chrom looked at both you and Senku who were both situated on the ground tired of all the talking you had to go through into telling him about 'everything'. 

It took you guys so long that it had now reach nightfall.

"That's impossible, why am I not being flung off this branch then," Kohaku pondered from up in a tree.

"Because of gravity," you replied.

"I always thought it was weird, some of the stars don't move at all, like that big shiny star up there."

"That's the north star, also known as Polaris. It's a ridiculously useful star, it always leads to true north. Remember that, okay?" Senku stated.

"It seems slightly off from true north though."

Eye wide we stood up from the ground.

How is that even possible, how did we not think of this earlier!

"The Earth's axis is shifting!!" 

"The whole planet has tilted slightly over the past 3700 years. It's currently 5379 AD, the north star moved," you stated.

"Haha, if a true scientist were here he'd be laughing at me, how could I have not seen that coming. You guys are way more observant than I am because you have no preconceived notions. I'm such a loser."

"Senku, you know very well that you're not a loser, heck, you're smarter than me and you don't call me out when I miss the little things," you said trying to reassure your friend.

"I'm not saying that to weigh myself down. I think of myself being so rational, but I couldn't keep up on this scale, and (Y/n), thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it," he said ruffling your hair.

As a pink coat of blush dusted your cheeks you looked away. 

Looking up he stared blankly at Kohaku and Chrome, "Wait, how did you know that was the ex-north star?"

"So even the great Senku doesn't know about this rock! This crazy rock I found happened to be on a bald mountain! For some reason when you hang it or float it, it always points straight north!"

"It's a magnet," both Senku and yourself said looking at the strange rock.

"You guys know of it, damn it!"

"Good going Chrome, magnets were on the list of things to get for the antibiotic."

_______

I apologies for the shorter chapter,  I just wanted to make a separate chapter to introduce Suika.

Even so, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter.

Have a nice day!!