Dutch Van der Linde: Coming Clean Part 2

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: you meet with Dutch and you try again, this time with the real Dutch Van der Linde.

Word Count: 2300

After telling you the truth, the full truth about himself and his gang, Dutch had returned to the camp and explained the situation to Hosea, seeking his advice and perhaps his approval. After finding out the truth about Dutch, you had told him to visit you the following afternoon if he wanted you to give him a second chance.

So that was what Dutch was doing now, dismounting his horses outside of your manor. He walked up the steps and knocked on the front door, waiting patiently and trying to ignore the anxiety he was starting to feel.

He waited and, for a moment, he worried that you wouldn't answer, that you had decided that you wanted nothing to do with him. But, after a moment, the door opened and there you were.

"I...hello, Dutch" you greeted him. You knew that it would be Dutch when you opened the door but it still managed to trap your words in your throat.

"Miss L/n, I...thank you for agreeing to see me again" Dutch attempted a natural smile, finding himself unsure of what to say, something that he wasn't used to.

"You're welcome but this isn't a business meeting, no need to be so formal" you assured him, a fond feeling filling your chest.

"Very well" Dutch nodded, making you smile slightly. You stepped to the side and allowed Dutch to walk into the entrance way of your home.

"Uh...come into the lounge" you hated that you felt awkward around the man that you felt completely comfortable with only two days ago. "Do you want something to drink because I'm definitely having one?" you asked as he followed you into the lounge.

"Yes, thank you" Dutch accepted your offer with a small sigh as he sat down on the couch.

You poured two drinks before walking over to Dutch, handing him one glass and keeping the other for yourself.

"How have you been?" Dutch asked as you sat down on the other side of the couch.

"You mean since yesterday?...not too bad. I've had a lot to think about" you shrugged.

"And what have you been thinking?" he asked, both eager and afraid to hear your answer.

"I was thinking that I probably shouldn't see you again...but then I was thinking that I missed you and I hated myself for that" you told him, deciding to be perfectly honest.

"I truly didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean for things to go so far but I fell for you" Dutch said but he had already told you that.

"Y'know...it doesn't bother me all that much that you're an outlaw, what bothered me is that you lied. If I had met you, the real you, and you didn't lie to me...I would've still fallen in love with you" you confessed. "But I suppose you didn't really care about that, you only wanted to steal from me so you had to lie to me" you sighed, your words stinging Dutch because he knew you were right. He made a mistake.

"I'm so sorry" Dutch whispered, truly ashamed of himself.

"You should be but you've already apologised so..." your words drifted off. "I am interested in trying again...but only if you are completely honest with me. Even about the bad stuff, I need to know the truth to be able to trust you" you told him.

"I promise I won't lie to you again" Dutch sounded sincere as he met your gaze.

"Can you keep that promise with the lifestyle you have?" you asked.