21

...

THOUGH LEVI WANTED TO kill Alex first, she kept him from that plan by swatting him on the head. They settled on Trevor then, Levi's expression flashing with danger when he looked at the guy. She knew he was holding back and Clarkson glanced at him, like he could feel it too. So when she pointed at Trevor he walked over quickly and tapped him on the shoulder, not giving them the time to choose to attack the boy for real instead.

"What the fuck?" Trevor hissed, his eyes snapping open when Clarkson touched his shoulder.

Luckily Clarkson blocked most of his view, so Ella closed her eyes quickly, only opening them again when it was announced day moments later. Before Clarkson could even tell them it was time to discuss, Trevor had already jumped to his feet, his eyes burning as he pointed at Alex.

"I know it was you!" he said.

"What are you talking about?" Alex said, looking genuinely confused, but ready to attack him anyway.

"Jesus, Trevor," Ava said, her voice causing Trevor to still for a moment," I can't listen to you go on anymore. Calm down, will you?"

Ella expected him to sit down, but instead he squared his shoulders, like his resolve had been strengthened. Though Ava had said it was just his pride, she could still see the heartbreak in his eyes when he snarled at her.

"And why should I listen to you?"

"Okay, don't," Ava challenged," go and be childish about a game, that says enough about you already."

Trevor was ablaze again then, ready to shout when Clarkson placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Go and sit down, boy," he said.

Though his lips were already parted, ready to most likely throw an insult at him, he listened. Whether it was the fact that Clarkson had at least forty pounds on him or Ava's words, she didn't know, but he let himself smolder like a burnt out fire.

"Lie on your back," Clarkson instructed.

"What?" Trevor glowered.

"To show that you're dead," he said, like it was obvious.

"This camp sucks," Trevor exclaimed, though he let himself fall on his back.

One glance at Alex showed her the smug look he was wearing, like he had pushed Trevor down himself. When one of Trevor's friends pointed at him to accuse him of the murder, that morphed in mock sadness.

"Me?" he said, his hand placed on his heart," kill Trevor? I could never."

"You literally were fighting with him just one round ago," his friend said.

"So what?" Alex said," I fight with Levi and Will too all the time, doesn't mean I kill them at night."

"That is literally such a bullshit argument."