Chapter 15

Arosio De Luca

For the first time in my life,I,  Arosio De Luca, the most coldblooded and powerful Italian Mafia boss, admits to being wrong. 

As soon as my eyes laid on her bleeding figure in her childhood mansion, I realized just how wrong I was to think that I would even be able to touch her in the same sadistic manner that I treated everyone else. Last night, thoughts of torturing her in my bed until she submits took over my sinister mind. As a Mafia boss, no one had ever dared to disrespect me like my fiery cucciola has and that made me more inclined to punishing and taming her. 

It took a few hours to track down where the black Audi had driven her before I headed over to the countryside with Giovanni and Alejandro. My initial plans were to drag her back to my personal mansion and lock her up in our master bedroom before breaking her fiery spirit and forcing her into submission. Whether that would be achieved through physical or mental torture, I didn't really care. 

A few years ago, when Damien was killed during the Russian Mafia's ambush on us, I was the one who was in charge of the Italian Mafia but I wasn't prepared for it. For the first few years of being the head of my Mafia, I treated everyone well and blindly trusted all of my members. A few of my men betrayed me and secretly worked with the Russians, resulting in the death of my brother-in-law. My pregnant sister instantly fell into a depression and it took a toll on her health. When I lost her too, that's when I decided to never show any kindness to anyone ever again and never trust anyone apart from my family and two best friends. 

Last night, the same feelings of anger, helplessness and fury overtook every sense in my mind when I saw how hard Katerina was trying to get away from me. From the moment I laid my eyes on her at the hospital, the moment she whispered for my help before fainting in my arms, my heart became hers. No matter what I did after leaving the hospital, I couldn't stop thinking about her and those feelings only intensified after witnessing her genuine heart and caring behavior towards my family. 

As soon as I saw the bloody small footprints when we walked in into her house, I lost my fucking mind. Thoughts of her laying dead in some part of this empty house sent my mind and heart into a chaotic state. That's when I realized just how much this woman has taken my whole being hostage and I knew, that every breath I would take in the future would be solely for her. 

I am no fool. I know that Katerina is too innocent and pure for my tainted world. I know that I am not worthy of her. When she displayed affection for my family, it was just that. 

Affection for my family, not for me. 

But still, I refuse to give up on her. I love her too much to give up now. I need her like I need oxygen to breathe. I need her like I need my heartbeat to live. 

"Inform our men, I want Samuel Dale in my fucking warehouse at the Eastside in an hour," I demanded furiously while holding my sweet angel in my arms and exiting her damaged house with Alejandro and Giovanni trailing behind me. 

'I promise, I will hurt him a thousand times over for each tear that fell from your beautiful eyes, tesoro,' I thought darkly whilst holding her frail body closer to me and pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. 

***

"How fucking dare you? Who are you people? I am Samuel Dale, unhand me, bastards," the older man screamed as he sat in the middle of one of my many dark, abandoned warehouses. My men had done an excellent job of tying him to a wooden chair with rough rope, making his wrists and ankles bleed profusely. I made a mental note to give them a raise for their efforts once all of this was over. 

After rescuing Katerina's grandparents and leaving the three of them in the care of my family with a call to our family doctor, we quickly headed for this warehouse located on the outskirts of Los Angeles. Once I had explained the situation to them, Adriano and Alanzo were infuriated and demanded to join us. I didn't really care to stop them since they understood that I would be the one to punish the Dale family. I tolerated those useless fucks for the past few years because of my grandfather but hurting my innocent cucciola is where I drew the line.