Special Chapter: Scrapbook Memories

Ryzen POV

It's been a while since we visited the Zevallos mansion. We have led busy schedules, but thankfully, today, we had time.

Lennox, Neo and my father-in-law, Riley Zevallos, separated from us and played a sport. On the other hand, us ladies only relaxed over a cup of tea.

As I looked at my mother-in-law, Lillian Zevallos, I could not help but remember the things she said to me before.

Back then, I felt guilty for hearing those words. I thought that those words aren't for me.

But who knew, hmm?

Now, just like Lillian Zevallos have wished, Lennox and I had more than one child. We had three beautiful angels.

"It's a good thing that you and Lennox had Reign. I can't get enough of her! Tarah and Neo matured too quickly." she said.

I smiled at her musing, agreeing a little.

Throughout the years, my mother-in-law has been another mother figure in my life. It took me a while to stop being intimidated by her, but now, we're really close.

Aren't I lucky... I have Aunt Rose, Katrina Yu and Lillian Zevallos as mother figures. It's really more than I asked for...

"It's just shame that Tarah will be arriving late today. I heard she's seeing the Sedovia boy?"

"Yes, Mother. The boy visited us and he's a good man."

Lillian Zevallos raised her eyebrow a little as she drank her tea.

"Maybe that will tame that girl a little. Sometimes, she is too rash."

"Hmm. Indeed."

Then suddenly, Reign excitedly walked up to us, holding a familiar scrapbook.

"Look, Mama! I found this from one of the drawers!" she said in a bubbly tone.

I only smiled at her thrilled expression. Lillian Zevallos didn't waste any time as she hugged the little girl and kept kissing her cheeks.

That scrapbook was familiar. I took it from the table where Reign placed it and slowly, I opened it.

Lillian Zevallos is really more than the intimidating aura she radiates. She is rather sweet, even creating a scrapbook featuring my family.

Seeing this again, it touched my heart.

As I browsed through each page, memories surged as if they were only yesterday.

***

The first page featured Lennox and I's wedding.

Much to the disappointment of my mother, Katrina Yu, Lennox and I only opted for an intimate church wedding.

There were only less than twenty people as guests, which includes our family, some relatives and Lennox's political allies.

My grandfather, Zeus Costales, walked me to the half of the isle. Afterwards, my parents, Katrina and Kenneth Yu walked me all the way to Lennox.

I wasn't crying at first, because I was so confident of my love for Lennox.

But when I saw how teary everyone was, my eyes could not help but get a bit misty.

I tried to control myself not to cry, but when I saw that even Aunt Rose was crying horridly, the tears that were threatening to fall finally fell through.

When I walked all the way to Lennox, all he had was a somewhat teasing smile, as if he was mocking me.

"Oh? Why is my baby crying, huh? I thought you weren't gonna cry..." he whispered in an amused tone.