0.23

chapter 23

kie points to the piece of paper sarah is holding, motioning to the different drawings. 

"he said it looked something like this" she explains, gesturing to the layout. 

"who drew this?" india asks, squinting at the drawing as she tries to understand it better. 

kiara laughs, looking out the van and into the front lawn of john b's house. 

"who do you think?" she laughs out. 

india laughs, the three girls looking as pope and john b try to prepare stuff to take the gold out. 

sarah cameron turns to a laughing india, taking advantage of the moment to ask her a question. 

"hey india, where did you and jj meet?" she asks. 

india turns to the girl, her eyes lighting up at the mention of jj. there was no doubt that india was in love. 

"oh, actually, we met at kiara's dad's restaurant. it was raining so he offered a ride home and i took the risk of him being a murderer" she laughs out. "but it turned really well and i really like him" she finalizes. 

both kiara and sarah hold smiles on their faces, looking at the blonde girl. 

sarah nods, folding the piece of paper. "that's good, rafe was an asshole anyway. i don't really know why you dated him"

india makes a face "trust me, that makes two of us" 

the girls share a laugh as jj walks towards the van. 

"kie, this better work" he calls out to her as he throws the gold into the floor of the van, leaning one shoulder on the outside of the van. "we can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it" he continues. 

kiara picks up a blow torch, holding it out to him. "it's gonna work" 

the group steps out of the van, going into the front lawn to join pope in order to melt down the gold. 

__

"hell of a job melting it down, dr.frankenstein" jj grumbles as he looks at the piece of melted gold in his hand. 

india huffs as she steps down from the van, staring at him with a scowl. 

"oh, like you could have done so much better, jj" she responds, sticking out her tongue at him. 

jj shrugs, "as a matter of fact i could've" he boasts. 

india rolls her eyes, but she can't hide the smile on her face as she 'argues' with him. 

"i took a welding class" jj continues, turning to look at her. 

india rolls her eyes. "yeah? when?" she asks, stepping closer to him.

"woah, woah, woah," john b interrupts, stepping in the middle. 

jj looks over john b's shoulder, blowing her a kiss with a wink. 

"chill out, okay?" john b continues. 

jj holds out the piece of gold, showing it to him. 

"it's easy for you to say, you don't have to pawn this piece of shit" he grumbles as he starts walking towards the door of the pawnshop. "how did i get this job anyway?" he complains.