Extra- Summer vacation

It's a week before I was going away for college, and I couldn't be happier. My suitcase was packed, bought my school and room things, and have already said my goodbyes early. Today, Adrien and I are going on a date to Coney Island. For my outfit, I was wearing a basic white v-neck and some black cargo shorts. As for shoes, I had basic white sneakers. As I looked in the mirror, I decided to brush my hair back and mess it up a bit, just to get that messy hair look.

Bing. I checked my phone to see if I had any messages.

My Idiot❤️: I'm downstairs.

I put my phone in my pocket and picked up my black shades and a silver watch. As I walked downstairs, I placed the shades between the V of my shirt and wore the watch on my left wrist. Before I left, I gave my parents a kiss on the cheek and headed out the door.

"See you guys later," I said.

"Behave and have fun! Say hi to Adrien for me," my mother yelled. I shook my head as I closed the door. She always thinks I will misbehave even though it's true, it didn't mean I will take her words into consideration.

Once I was in his car and had my seatbelt on, I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. He smiled before driving away from my house.

"My mom says hello," I said.

"Ironic, my mom says the same," he said. "She says if anything, you can stay at the house if it's too late. She will be happy to have you."

"Cool, I was thinking of doing that anyway. So, what are we doing today at Coney Island? Have any plans?"

"I don't know. Maybe go on a few rides, walk on the beach, and then go somewhere to eat? We usually go with the flow, let's see what happens," he said.

The ride was long and it gave us time to talk about college. We were both excited about this new chapter in our lives, but deep down, I think I'm the only one a bit sad about going away. Because he's going to Berkley, he's staying in the city; however, I'm going to Cornell so I'm going away. I breathed in deeply as I pushed the sad thought out of my head. Today is going to be the last date I will have with Adrien before I go to college, so I should be focusing on being happy.

Once we arrived, Adrien parked a little further away from the park because he was worried about it being too crowded, and boy was he right. When we got there, it was packed. I never knew there were this many people in the state, even less Brooklyn. Adrien grabbed my hands and intertwined it with his, he then began to walk as if he already knew where he wanted to go too.

"Come on Hunt, before there are any more people," he said. I picked up my pace as he continued to guide me inside the park. The first place he stopped was at a big roller coaster, and I couldn't help but gulp. "Let's go on this ride first," he pointed. The more I looked at it, the scarier it seemed. Before I could disagree, I saw Adrien's happy and excited face and changed my mind.

"Sure," I said. As we waited in the line, Adrien couldn't contain his excitement. Seeing him smile so widely made me feel a little bit less anxious. This ride shouldn't be that bad, it might even be fun.

Once we reached the front, we were sat together and that made me feel much better. As I put on my seatbelt, my nerves got ecstatic and now I was regretting my life decisions. I looked to Adrien and I felt his hand intertwine with my own as the roller coaster went up. As it slowly went up, I felt my heart sink even further in my body and the pressure of the sky became freer.

"I'm scared," I said.

"Me too, but there's no way out of this," he said. His voice was shaky and excited, his hands trembled slightly against mine. Once we reached the top, I could feel my breath stop as I looked down. Everything seemed so small and that did not make anything better.