Chapter 19: August's POV

(Picture of Malikai)

The next morning I make my way downstairs by myself. I made sure to not wake up Ella, wanting to speak to my parents alone. I knew that the three others wouldn't come down until my mom announced that breakfast was ready.

"So I kind of got a little bit of information from them last night." My mom stopped whisking the eggs. She sat the bowl down on the counter, giving me her full attention. My dad continued typing what he was meaning to type, but looking at me as well, giving me some attention.

"What'd you learn about them?" My mom cocked her eyebrow.

I then explained what they had told me last night. "The only information I don't think I want to ask right now is about their packs, and how they managed to get out. They were giving me sensitive information, and I kind of feel like I'm betraying them by telling you guys but I know y'all need to tell something to Alpha Kent soon." I explained.

"No I think you're right sweetie. Some of the other Omega's are being a little more cooperative about how they managed to get out of their pack territory, they're keeping themselves linked with their pack so the Alpha doesn't feel them leaving. That's what a few have fessed up to. Most of them are scared of becoming rogue." I frown at the news, even though they left their pack they were still connected. I wonder if they could still hear the pack announcements from their Alpha's or link with anyone in their pack. Unless they were too far away.

"Doesn't that cause concern for infiltrators?" I asked my parents. What if they were trying to get information on our defense mechanism, to challenge our pack for the number one rank?

"At this time August, we're just trying to help Omega's heal, most that have shown up have had something wrong with them. Their packs aren't as fair as ours has been to our own." My dad had stopped typing, focusing all of his attention onto me.

"I'm just saying, I mean Alexandre is supposed to take over the pack here in January, maybe they're going to attack while he's still young?" I explained.

"Honestly love, he trains day in and day out, don't worry about our young Alpha. These little Omega's aren't doing harm, we've asked most of them to agree to break their bond with their pack when we have our Ceremony on November 1st when we're indicting the new Warriors as well. They're just seeking asylum. I'm glad you're thinking about this though. I'll mention it to the Alpha, but I feel like that will make him want to dive deeper into why they came to our pack. So I hope you're ready to dive deeper into your house mates' lives." He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and went back to typing on his computer. "Sometimes it's okay to be cautious, but in this scenario, I don't think it'll be completely necessary." My dad explained.

"I gotta agree with your dad on this one Aug. Now how about you help me make some chocolate chip pancakes, you know how to make them better than I do." My mom gives me a smile.

"In other words mom, they're too hard for you to make." I said, pouring the batter into another glass mixing bowl she had set out for them.

"Nope, in other words, I'm too lazy to make them. That's what I had you for." She bumped her hip to mine.

"I thought you had me because you loved me." I gasped.

"Nope you're here to serve me." She laughed out loud.

"Totally agree with your mom." My parents were both hollering with laughter.

"Wow I'm extra disappointed." I roll my eyes, chuckling at them.

"Thank you for helping Aug, I love cooking with you. Makes it go by faster." Once the batter was stirred to a thick consistency I poured some on the awaiting pan.