30. Challenge

Writer's notes

Hi guys, thank you so much for staying put til chapter 30! Here is a surprise chapter that uses Jungkook's PoV. Happy reading, stay healthy, stay connected.

Love

S xx

-----------------

Jungkook's PoV

I nearly begged Shannon to stay when she finally moved out of our apartment.

She's been staying with us for 3 months now, all my hyungs are sad to let her go as well.

She smiled at us and said, 'it's not like I'm never seeing you guys again. I'm still in BigHit. Hahaha...'

I could see there were tears in her eyes after she hugged all of us and walked out of the apartment.

Well, at least I get my own room back.

The last part of our stadium world tour has started, we are in a hotel in Sydney now. All my hyungs are seated in Jimin hyung's room, just chilling for the evening before tomorrow's concert.

I do not feel as chilled as I should be, though. I finally get to see her after a whole week of separation.

The doorbell rings at 11.30 pm and I practically ran to open the door.

'Annyeonghaseyo,' Shannon says as she bows at me, a traditional Korean etiquette that she picked up.

'Oh, Shannon-ah! You're finally here,' V hyung says. 'How was the flight?'

She comes in and puts down her bag, one that I suspect she's been using for ages. Just like the rest of her stuff. She told me about the situation of her family and I couldn't help but spoil her even more. I try to be casual about it because this pain in the backside would never accept any help from anybody.

I just like her even more with her attitude and how independent she is.

'It was really good! I got to watch some of the movies that I haven't had the time to see yet.'

'Have you had dinner yet?' Jin hyung asks her out of habit, being the caretaker of the group that he is.

'I had some food at the start of the flight.' She says.

'Is that it?' I can't help but to ask her. Before she debuted, she used to go on this inhumane diet that her ex-manager forced her to be on. Now that she's having a better manager, why is she still starving herself?

She sighs and smiles bitterly, 'it has to be. Eating too late at night makes my face puffy tomorrow. Plus, I want to lose some weight for the comeback in 2 weeks.'

'Ahhh, Shannon-ah, it's not good for you to starve yourself. But I get it,' Jimin hyung says, he too, has used an extreme diet before one of our comebacks before. I remember I got so worried when he passed out during one of our practices.

'Thank you for understanding, oppa.' She smiles, 'may I borrow a phone from you guys? I just want to call my sister to tell her that I've arrived safely.'

Hope hyung hands her his phone. I am still planning a subtle way to get her a new phone. That piece of shattered glass she calls an iPhone 6 can barely receive messages. The cameras on both sides are blurry as hell whenever she FaceTimes Jimin hyung, it's like she's been pixelated. What should I do?

After she's finished her call, Suga hyung asks her, 'Shannon-ah, are you singing "Ticket" tomorrow?'

She smiles, 'yup, but I am also singing a few of your solo tracks.'