Ghouls, Guardians and Saving the world Drama 5

"You know. You look ready to drink something strong right now, Pete,"

"Ya, I know. I just. Something big is coming up and it's not the drama going on in Askye," I said as Twelve sat down next to me as I looked out into the ocean since I snuck out of Miles's house about an hour after everyone fell asleep.

"You think it might be him making his move?"

"Who or what else could it be? Ulric wants all of Humanity to end. Eric, MJ's ex wants her dead and to kill us, Humans. Malia's dad has finally lost his shit and I'm a bit upset I wasn't there to watch it. It's just shit storm after shit storm. Training team after team. Mission after mission. I have no doubt the final battle is upon us,"

"Then let's do what we are meant to. Kill Ghouls, protect the civilians and fucking destroy Ulric. If I die again I'm taking as many of those ugly fuckers with me,"

"I haven't died like you guys but same," I said.

"So what's the plan to get into Askye exactly. Deanie boy has lost his marbles and shut down transports in and out. PLus the resistance that basically wants him dead. He's going to be hell-bent on tagging MJ because of her ears.

"He's not going to get far enough to even breathe on her ears. Even though Valk wiped his memory, of everything to do with Ulric, she didn't wipe away the memory on why he shouldn't piss me off. You of all people should know how much destruction I can cause without even becoming the Guardian Leader in the first place,"

"Ya, that brings memories. Remember the club?"

"Which one?"

"The one that kinda collapsed on top of you,"

"Oh ya. That hurt like a bitch,"

"But you didn't die,"

"No, I had a fucking panic attack before I lifted it off. Speaking off, I need need to get heavier metal for Epilogue,"

"Damn she's still way to light?"

"Yep. Good thing there's plenty o scrap metal around here,"

"True, well let's go," he said and I snorted. 

"You two are up early," I heard Miles's mom say as Twelve and I sat at the table.

"Momma, they never went to sleep," Miles said.

"Why not?"

"I needed to work on my weapon and mental health reasons," I said.

"Mental health? Are you depressed, sweetheart?" she asked and I looked away some.

"Yes ma'am,"

"Do you take anything for it?"

"No ma'am,"

"Why not?"

"I'm almost always on the road for one. Two, I have two powers. Strenght and healing,"

"Your healing would counter any attempts of medication given to you. Flushing it out before it would do its job,"

"Yes ma'am,"

"That won't do. Finish that cup of coffee then come with me. I won't be taking a no for an answer," She said and I let out a careful breath.

"Yes ma'am," I said.

"And you. Go get some sleep,"

"We've survived with less," Twelve said.

"I don't care. Sleep or I'll put you to sleep,"

"I. Yes ma'am," Twelve said and it took all I had to not laugh at him. Twelve finished his coffee, washed his cup, and put it in the drain before slinking up the stairs. I snorted at his actions before I to finished my coffee.