Chapter 8 - Force Training

I think you'll figure out this is not an episode in the clone wars.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Time has passed.

Saiph sat in a dimly lit room, cross legged on a round chair with Obi Wan across from her. Her pant legs were bunched up near her calves and her off white leggings peeked from under her pant legs. Her pants went now just above her mid sectionShe had changed a bit since her birthday had passed. She wore a matching long-sleeved off-white tunic which was tucked underneath the obi around her waist. Every once in awhile, her sleeves ruffled with the light bursts of air the vent in the ceiling. Her hair had grown from the awkward length of being just underneath her shoulders where she would always have it in a tight ponytail. It was now in a casual brain and her padawan braid was behind her ear still, but longer now. She had taken her boots off since she found they were hard to sit with on the round, hard ottomans.

She opened one of her eyes and peeled over at her master who was sitting peacefully, with his hand resting on his knees.

"Focus, Saiph." He mumbled and Saiph snapped her eyes shut. Ever since Ahsoka and her had gon "investigating" in the Bolckade around Pantora, Saiph had been practicing to sense her surroundings even farther than just a room next door. And she had succeeded. She was now able to feel through the force quite far. She had also been practicing to do Jedi mind tricks, with Obi Wan being as gracious as he is, letting her practice on him. Many of their days together with them meditating (as usual) in silence, letting the force flow through them and the room. Saiph was quite proud of herself but she didn't want to be too egotistical about her development in her force skills. She knew that no great Jedi seeked for power or fame. Something geese that she had tried to work on was her communication. She was trying to step out of her bubble and talk to more people. She had started to loosen up around more people and she was now completely comfortable around Anakin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka and now Bariss Offee. Ahsoka had introduced them and they had become their own little "girl squad" as Ahsoka had once said.

Saiph took another deep breath, which was a bit too loud since she heard Obi Wan shift.

"Is something on your mind padawan? I can sense your anxiousness." She heard him say, but kept her eyes closed.

"I haven't seen Ahsoka in awhile or Master Skywalker for that master as well. It's been more..." she paused, "stressful since Ahsoka went gone on the peace negotiations with Senator Amidala, and the suicide bombing from the Separatists makes me worry. It made me wonder how long this war will go on for." Saiph opened her eyes to meet Obi Wan's blue ones.

"Those are all valid things to be concerned about Saiph," he paused, "but do not dwell on it for too long that it consumes your mind."

He scooted to the edge of the ottoman and stood up.
"I think I might have some to ease your mind." He said, gesturing with his hand for Saiph to get ready to leave. Saiph quickly leaned over her legs to grab her boots and slipped her legs inside.

"What would that be Master?" Saiph asked as she tucked in her pants into the boots and stood.

"You'll soon find out." He said ask they started their way down the halls, towards the hangar bay.

"You're being awfully mysterious." She smiled humorously as he continued walking.

"I like the anticipation." He said smiling and he put his hands behind his back when he looked down at her. "Speaking of which, you won't have to wait much longer."