four

john b yawned as he stepped out of his room, making his way around the empty beer bottles and extinguished joints littering the floor, and towards the kitchen. grabbing an unopened beer and entering the living room, he was met with the sight of jj cuddling a sleeping hannah into his chest, a tiny puddle of drool collected on the pillow under his mouth. john b smacked his shoulder as he walked by, "jj, have you been outside yet?"

jj groaned, pulling hannah closer to his chest. "dude i got polio, i can't walk." john b rolled his eyes before making his way out the door to inspect the damage from hurricane agatha.

sleep already disturbed, jj gave up on the possibility of falling back asleep and slowly shifted himself into sitting position. glancing at the tanned form beside him, a smirk made its way onto his face. jj gave a firm shove to hannah's shoulder, earning a short grunt from the girl's sleeping form.

"jj, i swear to fucking god, if you-" jj cut her off by pushing her off the fold-out bed. jj burst out laughing as a strangled cry left her lips and a loud 'thud' echoed through the house. in the midst of his laughter, jj didn't notice hannah jump up and tackle the boy out of bed, causing him to let out a girlish squeal. when the two finally calmed down, jj went and grabbed them each a beer before they went outside to help john b.

"no power, no service," john b called out to them as hannah stepped down from the porch. hannah groaned and made her way over towards him, catching a glimpse of the uprooted tree.

"agatha did some work, huh?" jj remarked, eyes sweeping over the damage from the hurricane.

"yeah she did," john b replied.

as the two boys continued to talk about how they would move the tree, hannah made her way to the dock and sat down, her toes dipping into the cool water. she hummed peacefully, bringing the beer to her lips and letting the cool liquid slide down her throat, the slight burning of it giving her a much needed awakening. she jumped, feeling a sudden weight on her shoulder, before relaxing after realizing it was only jj.

"whatcha thinking?" she asked them, taking another gulp of beer.

"i'm thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. all the drum are gonna chase the crab," john b stated.

"what about DCS? wasn't that today?" jj questioned. hannah looked at him. although his face didn't show it, she knew jj was absolutely terrified of losing john b since he was one of the only people who ever showed him what family was supposed to be.

"nah, they're not getting on a ferry," john b said, hopping onto the HMS pogue. "come on, think about it! it's god telling us to fish."

"god isn't real," hannah casually pointed out. john b sent her a 'no shit'  look, making her stick her tongue out at him.

"babydoll, put that away before i get any ideas," jj smirked. hannah silently stood, causing both boys to send her confused and nervous looks.

did i go too far? jj wondered, internally panicking.

hannah turned around to face jj, and, wearing her best poker face, she leaned forward and licked all the way from his exposed collarbone to where his ear met his jawline. a shudder shot up jj's spine and he felt his face get hot. he looked down at hannah, his heart hammering violently against his ribcage, and swallowed thickly. unable to hide her amusement, hannah allowed a coy grin to slip onto her face before slipping by him and going inside to change.

jj turned to john b, who was still gaping at the place where hannah stood only moments ago. letting out a shaky breath, jj ran a hand through his hair and tried to calm himself down before he got too worked up.

"so," john b said, breaking the silence, "you're whipped, huh?" john b laughed as jj shot him a glare that would be terrifying if not for the fact that his face vaguely resembled a tomato.