Sixteen

I put my hands on my hips and looked at him expectantly. 

He silently walked into my room, groaning as he took in the damage. 

"What the fuck did you do Opal?" He asked, rubbing his face in frustration. 

"You can't just keep me locked up in here and expect me to sit quietly!" I said with equal frustration. 

"You're not going to be free. That's final. You're a fae, you should be used to listening to orders and this is a direct order." 

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked, changing the subject. 

"What?" 

"Don't play dumb I'm not an idiot, I know you're hiding something from me. Everyone gets uncomfortable and runs away once I mention I'm your mate and-"

"You're telling people you're my mate?" He cut me off, looking a little angry which just made me even more mad.

"Yes! Of course! That's what people do! They don't lock their life partners away in some room to see them for 15 minutes a day!"

"Don't tell people you're my mate." He said with finality and I felt hurt shock through me.

He didn't want people to know he was mine? Was he embarrassed of me? Why? We had gotten along so well on the human realm he just had to go and open his big stupid mouth. What happened to the sweet guy who would hold me while I fell asleep and look at me with such passion I could barely stand or walk straight when I knew he was around! All this guy shows me is resentment and anger. I just feel so unwanted. 

I could feel my eyes burning but refused to cry, pushing back the tears and standing up straight, not showing him how much he's hurt me. He doesn't deserve it. 

"Why?" I asked and my voice came out a lot more broken and soft than intended making me curse a little to myself in my head. 

His face softened a little but he gave nothing away. 

"You are not to tell anyone we are mates and unless necessary you are only to talk to either me or Rob." 

I went to talk back but he shot me a glare that shocked me enough to shut me up momentarily. 

Where did the love go? 

He then left the room slamming the door shut behind him. As soon as I heard that he was out of listening range I dropped to the ground, putting my face in my hands as sobs raked my body. What happened? What did I do wrong? This is who I am, I'm not going to pretend to be some weak prize he gets to secretly keep while he lives his life. I will not let mine pass by. 

After a few hours of overthinking and crying I managed to put myself back together. I stood up and stared out the window, already planning my next escape. I was a little tired and weak now from the crying but when I woke up there was no way I was staying in this room any longer. It might be beautiful, or at least it was until I destroyed it, but its no way to live. 

After a good nights sleep I woke up completely refreshed, feeling energized and a completely okay again. I pushed King out of my mind and focused on my plan of escape. 

Just like expected Mateo came in soon after and had breakfast with me. I was much more quiet than usual and I could tell that it made him very nervous but as soon as he was gone, so was I. 

He cleaned up quickly after me although I helped a little, claiming that the boss is in a bad mood and he needed to be extra punctual and avoid procrastination at all costs.