i. live oak cemetery

the young teenage girl felt excitement rise within in her, so much so that she thought she could burst. she pulled on her jacket as she felt a slight chill, eager to head to her favorite spot: live oak cemetery. after a harsh, extensive week, all she wanted to do was relax in the place that almost felt like home.

"wonder if salem will be there?" she spoke to herself, eager to see her favorite stray cat. she befriended salem when she started to hang out at live oak in the evenings. she couldn't wait to see her dearest creature of the night again.

the (color)-haired teen smiled to herself as she watched the sun fully set, the sky that was once a canvas of watercolored gold and pink, had transformed into an inky hue. the darkness would also aid her in avoiding any of the groundskeepers; she wasn't there to vandalize or disturb any of the graves, but they wouldn't buy it if they managed to catch her. they also despised the angsty teens that would take photos with the gravestones and they could possibly mistake her to be one of them.

she heard a familiar purr of a feline and she followed the sound through the rows of headstones. she took extra caution of where she stepped, to avoid stomping on the headstones. she found the act very disrespectful to the dead.

"there you are, kitty," she practically melted as she spotted the loving, four-legged creature.

salem seemed to be happy to see her as well because his purring grew louder. she crouched down in the grass to pet him, carefully running a gentle hand over his soft, obsidian fur.

salem nestled into her hand as she pets his head. the cat loved to receive attention from her and her only. he was rather unfriendly at first, keeping his distance from anyone unfamiliar. with time, he eventually warmed up to her. it got to the point where that if she didn't come to the cemetery, salem would be quick to go out and find her.

salem led the way to their special spot. there was an area of the graveyard that was secluded by trees, that was right next to one of the fences that lined the perimeter. most of the groundskeepers or visitors hardly went to the spot. it was like her and salem's secret haven.

a small pond stood in the middle of the patch of trees, the water sparkled in the moonlight that peeked through the branches. the sight was absolutely breathtaking and the pond looked as though it were radiating with light.

salem sat down expectantly near the edge of the water, meowing. the teen walked over and sat next to him, crossing her legs. the black cat, rested his paw on her thigh, looking up at her with his big, green eyes.

"okay, okay, i know what you want. i didn't forget to bring it," she smirked at the spoiled feline. she unzipped her bag, producing a plastic bag. small pieces of cooked chicken were salem's favorite.

she opened the bag and pulled out a piece of chicken for him. every time she fed him a piece, salem would purr and rub against her.

"i love you, salem. you never fail to make my day," she grinned, stroking his head.

their sweet moment was short-lived, as the teenager heard the snap of a twig from behind them.

oh shit.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

just a small heads up, i'm kinda drowning in online schoolwork right now, so updates may be really slow. i'll try to update at least once a week.