Chapter 11 ~ Moving Ahead

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Our battle went back and forth, taking turf and trying to get a good hit on the other.

The only problem was that, with each time the brainwashed me splatted me, I got weaker as he gained more control over my actions. The goggles were stronger than I remembered. But I got stronger too.

"Just give up..." He muttered, a smirk forming at the corner of his mouth. "You're not breaking free from this."

I frowned determinedly in response as I charged towards him. Jumping up, I swung at him, though he successfully blocked my attack. Our rollers collided with one another as droplets of the went everywhere. With a shove, he had sent me backwards, making me land on my back.

Quickly, I turned into my octopus form and tried to refill my ink tank, however, my opponent was really greedy to say the least. My replica jumped forward, eagerly trying to splat me as he prepared to take another swing. I dodged to the right, and swam away, submerged into my ink. Hiding behind one of the small walls located there on the battlefield, I tried my best to come up with a strategy, but I was once again interrupted by another roller swing.

"I got you now!" He yelled as he turned the corner and threw another swing.

With quick thinking, I threw a splat bomb on the floor (knowing that it would detonate faster) and jumped backwards, dodging the ink and the roller. The sudden response shocked him as the sudden ink explosion sent him back flying once again. I heard him growl as I heard another special activate, the bomb rush.

I heard the noise of multiple bombs flying through the air, making their clinking noise as it hit the ground and got ready to explode. Having very little options, I decided to make myself a trail of ink and escape the bomb barrage. He sent more my way, but I was able to dodge them.

I swam forward, trying my hardest not to get splatted anymore, but was stopped by another Splashdown ahead of me. "You can't escape!" The Octarian laughed as the ink settled down after the attack. I spun and swung horizontally, hoping to get a hit. Another miss.

I was starting to get tired, but his energy seemed to have no end. I wasn't close to my special at all, but it would be helpful to have it. What I didn't get was how he could use multiple specials at once with ease. Could it be the goggles?

Suddenly realizing I spaced out, the blunt force of a roller hit me in the chest and knocked me back. As my eyes shut from the wincing, I could hear the shatter of my armor and the splatter of the ink around me. I tried to swim away quickly again but was stopped by the Octarian yet again.

"C'mon on now, you're smarter than this Mike.."

I watched in defeat as he took another swing,

Splatting me once again.

Á̷̫g̸̮̿ẽ̸͖ṇ̸̐t̷̡̒ ̶͎̉8̷̥̒'̶̤́s̷̟͆ ̷̨̃(̵̞̏M̵̺̿í̸̼k̷̬͘é̴̯'̸̖͋s̵͍̿)̷͍̇ ̴̭̋P̸̼̌.̶̖̏O̵̧͋.̶̯̆V̸̞̉:̸̨͝

"10008, let's head over to Cephalon HQ."

"Right."

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

It was beginning to get dark outside, which meant that it was time to get our beloved Octoling back.

Everyone had their gear and weapons as we all loaded up on a helicopter. Marie piloting while Callie co-piloted. Marina and I sat next to each other, tracking Mike's movements and praying that he didn't change out of his Hero suit. After a couple of minutes of flying, Marina announced, "Mike is moving! He's going to..." She cut herself off, as her facial expression worried even more. "W-Where?" I asked nervously, not wanting to look at the laptop screen but curiosity and dread getting the best of me.

"Where is he going?" Jake asked, concerned.

"Cephalon HQ." Both Marina and I said in unison.

"Damn it. Looks like we're going to have to be flying a lot longer than we should be."

~20 Minutes Later~

I stayed seated as I looked outside at the bright stars in the sky, worrying about Mike. He would be okay right? He's a tough octoling, I'm sure he can hold his own. But what if he's hurt? Or what if we accidentally put him in more danger?

I turned back to look inside the helicopter.

Marina was working on something on her laptop silently, while Pearl sat down a seat to my right. She looked like she was contemplating something. Isabel and Jake had decided to catch up on some extra rest by sleeping on our way there.

Everyone and everything was silent, except the whirring of the helicopter blades.

~Arriving at Cephalon HQ~

Marie landed the helicopter somewhat distant from the actual base, not wanting to attract any enemy attention. We all jumped off, our weapons in hand and slowly made our way to our destination. Marina's laptop was still saying Mike's location was still at Cephalon, so I was still hopeful.

We took out a couple of Octarian soldiers as discretely as possible, not wanting to attract any attention towards us. The whole base seemed like a maze with so many different halls and rooms, not to mention..Octarians.

It was a lot easier to find the control room than we had anticipated.

We stole the activation key for the locked metal doors from the guard and broke in.

"No one move!" I yelled sternly, pointing my Splattershot at the Octarians sitting at their computers. Marina, Marie and Jake walked in with me as Isabel, Pearl and Callie stood guard outside the doors.

The room was filled with desks and files. Not to mention computers and screens showing cameras all over the base.

The Octarians complied with our demands as Marina tried to figure out how to find Mike. "I can't locate where Mike is specifically. We'll need another way." Marina stated. I nodded and turned around to the closest, defenseless Octarian and grabbed her by the shirt.

"Where's 10008?"

"I'm not sure."

"Use your walkie talkie and figure out where he is."

The Octarian leaned over and asked where his location was, got a response, and looked back up at me.

"The Training Facility. With DJ Octavio."