3 | Welcome to the Pride Parade

(Click here to get this sticker)

Host: CommunityInteractive

Our team is blessed to be allowed to join in on the LGBTQIAP+ fun this month, and it means very much to us to be here. You see, when our lead was a young boy, his father took him into the city to join the pride parade. It was a wonderful experience.

That, however, doesn't seem like something that might happen again this year.

We don't imagine that we'll get out much more this month, with most of us still being under some form of self-isolation, but we are reluctant to admit that we'll go without our Pride Parades.

In fact, we're so stubborn that we've decided to have one despite the current state of affairs!

We invite you to help us plan the greatest virtual Pride Parade imaginable. We'll leave all the details down to you, from the music, the locales, the refreshments, the floats, the routes, and (if we're so inclined) whether we can stop at a McDonalds for our very own rainbow butterfly unicorn kitten happy-toy.

All you have to do is share your ideal Pride Event plans in the comments, and if you perhaps see somebody else's that you'd like to build upon, then work with them to make your Gay Dreams™ come true!

Our ideal Pride Parade is open for discussion, but right now we're envisioning:

Tina Turner with a Superhero Outfit on a float singing What's Love Got to Do With It. Right behind her, Dolly Parton and Aretha Franklin are jamming out to Baby I'm Burning and Sisters are doin' it for themselves. We have a food truck that follows with Trixie Mattel handing out red velvet cakes and sodas, (and lil balloonies for the kiddies).

Leading a burlesque marching band is Cher and Tim Curry, flying all the flags that we know and love.

Trailing behind the Disney section (yes, we'll have a Disney section), we have our best friends and companions, our dogs and cats and birds and chameleons who have always been there for us. There's a moving doggy play park and floating kitty castle, with a lush little jungle for our scaly critters and feathered friends. Ruby Rose and Miley Cyrus are running around doing handouts. Everybody gets a cool superhero cape!

Then, later in the afternoon, we all enjoy a sweet ice cream while we plan the next day's Parade.

That sound good?

We'd love to hear your ideas! We know that we've missed a lot, and with your input, we can only make it better! We're going to plan the BEST VIRTUAL PRIDE PARADE EVER!

On the inline comments, help us plan the best Pride Parade ever!

Who's headlining the parade?

What's the entire line-up of performances?

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait, it's ____.

What song started playing that made you break out singing?

Hold up! Is that a flash mob?? What are they dancing???

You're dancing with a few friends and you turned around only to see your favorite celebrity eating cake! Who is it?

You have never seen a float like that before! Describe it.

What's your outfit?

Tag the people you're dancing with (tag us too, we love dancing!) 

Tell us what else happened during this parade!

We want to thank the lovely parade marshals at CommunityInteractive for hosting this amazing Pride Parade! We hope you had as much fun attending it as we did hosting it!

Stay groovy, folks!

- The LGBTQIAP+ Family
Instagram  |  Twitter