six

after being ignored by the coast guard, the teens decided to take matters into their own hands to find the owner of the boat.

"jeez, and i thought the chateau looked bad," jj whistled as the crew took in the horror that was the motel.

"this is uglier than jj," hannah laughed as jj raised his middle finger at her. "that was rude."

"motel or meth lab?" asked kie.

pope grimaced, "you be the judge."

john b shook his head, "this doesn't look like the kind of place someone that owns a grady-white would stay."

"no, it looks like the kind of place someone with a grady-white would get killed," pope pointed out.

jj chuckled at pope's words as he prepared to dock. "this is your captain speaking, HMS pogue coming in for landing." jj jumped onto the dock, tying the boat in place.

as soon as the boat was properly docked, jj reached out a hand to help hannah out of the boat. "why thank you kind sir," hannah giggled in a posh accent.

john b groaned, "stop flirting with each other, let's go," causing the two to immediately separate.

"awe, is johnny b jealous?" hannah teased, pinching his cheeks. "don't worry, jb, i won't steal jj from you."

"hey," pope called, "don't let them do anything stupid," he told john b.

"oh, we will," jj smirked.

hannah laughed, "oh come on, pope, you know jj only listens to me."

"no, i don't."

"yes, you do. you're my bi-" john b glanced between the two before cutting her off.

"i'm not making any promises."

pope sighed. "yeah, i know."

kie stepped in front of john b and gave him a concerned look. "be careful," she murmured whilst handing him the keys to the motel room. hannah and jj exchanged a look of confusion at what they just witnessed before turning and following john b towards the motel.

"why are all these mattresses out here," john b scrunched up his nose in distaste.

"after the hurricane they have to ditch them because they get all moldy," jj replied.

when the trio was finally out of earshot, jj started to massage john b's shoulders. "just be so careful, john b," he fake moaned causing hannah to chuckle. "what was that about?"

"you need some serious help," hannah smirked.

john b shot him a glare. "i don't know, maybe she wants us to be careful?"

hannah watched as jj threw his head back, as if john b were the most clueless person on earth. "dude, ever since she heard you being threatened with exile she's been like," massaging his shoulders again, "just be so careful, john b," he moaned, "just give me that john d already." hannah choked on her spit and burst out laughing.

"that was clever, i'll give you that," she said, high-fiving jj.

jj smiled at her before turning back to john b. "when are you gonna swoop on that, man?"

"bro, you know the rules, no pogue-on-pogue macking." john b replied. jj snuck a glance at the girl beside him, who was currently distracted by a bird that was perched on the railing, before turning back to his friend. "besides, you're the one who's always hitting on han." john b smirked. "when are you gonna swoop on that?" john b mocked.

"jj and i are our own special breed, johnny boy," hannah piped up, "we've known each other since we were six when jj wasn't even a pothead yet."

"yeah, and of course i'm hitting on her, have you SEEN her?" jj asked, gesturing to hannah who was striking poses as if she were on a runway, "she's a super hot laid-back pothead who chooses to hang out with us when she could get anyone she wanted. why? i can't figure it out either."