Chapter Fourteen

It's school day again, another day of gossips and loud whispers. A busy morning for different royalties at school. One topic was out loud, and it's about miss ugly, Merida and the school's handsome hunk, Jacob.

"Candice, have you heard? Are they really together?" Lisa fumed at the rumour she heard from some other groups.

Candice slammed her locker and glared at Lisa. "Shut that blabbering mouth of yours!"

Oh, Candice heard the rumours from earlier at the gate. That damn trash made it alive at some point.

Merida is like a big pimple on top of Candice's nose. She's disgusting, laughable and ugly. Why does she hate Merida so much aside from her ugliness? Because Merida and she went to the same middle school! Merida was always the top one and Candice's parents adored Merida. So she carried that hate till now.

"Oh my God!" Lisa exclaimed that made Candice looked at where she's looking.

"Tch!" Candice scorned at the sight of Merida holding hands with Jacob. Seeing Merida's happy face makes her want to throw up.

Candice isn't like Lisa. She's the boyish kind but not a lesbian. She's just really tough and scary for the other girls.

"Did you see that?" Lisa shouted.

"Yeah, I saw it, you stupid bitch!" She grunts at Lisa with a terrifying face. "Let's stay low for a while until we find the perfect way to hurt that ugly duckling."

Candice walks away from that dramatic Lisa and into her classroom. She's in the same class as Brandon, section B. And what's worse? They're seatmates.

"I see you heard the news," Brandon came up to her. "Explains your face," he added and sat down his seat.

"Yeah, I actually thought they were rumours but I saw it with my own eyes. Disgusting!" She exclaimed and made a face.

"Why do you hate her so much?" Brandon asked all a sudden.

It made Candice glare at him and raise a brow. "What do you like so much about her?" She asked back.

Oh yes! She knows that Brandon likes that ugly shit. She noticed it in middle school. Seeing Brandon secretly giving back goldfish's things and getting her gifts. It was frustrating to see.

Brandon sighed. "She has a heart of gold, that's for sure."

Candice sarcastically laughed. "Heart of gold? That's why you're also in the lower section. You suck!"

"If you say so," she heard Brandon mumbled.

Candice didn't bother to reply. It only took minutes until their class started.

•••

After class, Candice was called by the student body president, together with Brandon and the other cool kids.

At their meeting hall, Allysia, the student body president gathered them to talk about the upcoming festival. It's a festival they usually celebrate before the semester ends and then their semestral break.

"So, what do you all suggest we do?" Allysia asked everyone at the room.

Whispers and thoughts started to occupy the room. Candice was also busy, thinking about what she can do to hurt Merida when that three days event happen.

"Hmm..." she hummed.

"Hey, why don't we invite people from other school and into ours? I mean why don't we welcome everyone from outside the school for those days? Tour them around and let them see what we do during our fest. It'd be fun that they'll experience what it's like to be in a royalty school. Don't you all think?"

Everyone looked at Candice, and many of them nodded their head.

"That's a great idea, Candice. Alright, I'm going to see if the principal approves with it," Allysia agreed.

They were dismissed when Brandon approached Candice. "What are you planning to do, Candice?"

"Nothing," she answers showing an evil grin.

Brandon grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Are you planning to do something bad to her?"

Candice shoves away Brandon's hand and looks at him fiercely. "Look, I'm just going to invite some guys over for the first day. It won't hurt if she has a little fun!"

"Stop it, Candice! You're not a little kid anymore! You might get imprisoned if she gets hurt," Brandon warned her.

Candice scoffed. "So, you care for me now?"

Yep, she likes Brandon but he likes ugly duckling. It made her hate Merida even more. Why does someone so ugly get liked by those gorgeous guys?

When Brandon didn't reply, she started to walk away. No point in waiting for a reply when she already knows the answer.

"I'm going to help you."

And that made her look back raising a brow at Brandon. "You're going to help me?"

Brandon put both his hands inside his pockets and walk towards Candice. "Yes, let's not get your pretty face in trouble. I know the perfect way to hurt her, without you doing so much."

"Alright, later at seven."

After their talk, Candice headed out. It seems to her that Brandon still cares for the ugly duckling. He was still right, she thought. She shouldn't go on hurting goldfish physically, not when Jacob and Brandon like her.

Her thoughts made her stop walking. Wait— Jacob and Brandon like the same ugly ... girl. Does that mean Brandon is going to betray Jacob for some girl? Will history repeat itself but this time between Jacob and Brandon? This is a mess! But oh well, she thought and shrugged.