The Sidemen OT7- Falling In Love

Vikk's P.O.V.

I was 16 years old the first time I fell in love, with the boy who introduced me to the world that would become my life, my career, my everything. It was Josh who first got me involved in YouTube and being as young as I was, inexperienced in the world and almost everything else, I could help the fluttering crush that formed after just a few weeks. I was incredibly lucky that he reciprocated it and even though it may have been strange to outsiders given he was 19, we made it work. Josh and I remained close.

For the first few months of uploads, Josh and I didn't mention our relationship to our friends. We talked behind closed doors, met up when there was no one else around, had intimate moments uninterrupted by anyone else, and for a time he was my lone guide in the strange world of adulthood. Our moving into together helped bring us closer, but I suppose I couldn't help it when I fell in love all over again.

I was 19 when I fell in love for the second time. He was a roommate, tall, blonde, fair and he always did his best to tease me. He was one of Josh's closest friends too, another member of the Sidemen. Simon never mentioned that he noticed my change in behaviour towards him but the first time we kissed, his hands tight around my waist, he confessed that he felt the same about me that I did about him. I was lying in Josh's lap when he kissed Simon above my head and from then on, it was the three of us.

Once again my relationship was non-conventional and if anyone knew, I understood we would face discrimination and hate. So, with Simon and Josh both agreeing, we elected to keep our special bond a secret. Not even our other housemate knew about it, but he must have suspected something because of how often the boys snuck into my bedroom to sleep, and bumped into him in the hall leaving in the morning. They rarely slept in their own beds anymore and since I had moved in with Josh, I hadn't spent one night alone.

I was 20, and this time it wasn't me who fell in love. It was Josh, and he brought one of his closest friends into our relationship and divulged something to him that he had kept secret for years. He had never told Tobi about him and I and certainly never about Simon, him and I so his decision to allow Tobi to join our relationship was a gamble- a gamble that paid off. Tobi fell in love just as I and the other had.

So, for another two years, there were four of us. Tobi moved in, my bed was once again sized up. There wasn't enough room for all of us in only a queen sized bed but the memories of someone falling off, never me because I was always squashed in the middle, still hung around. I always remembered the shrieks of laughter.

I was 22, when I realised that I had been in love for quite a while. JJ had been watching us, our dynamic, for some time and I wasn't sure, but it may have been jealousy. Finally, when he pulled me aside and kissed me in the laundry room, leaving me completely breathless and practically begging for more, the love ran deeper and JJ joined our relationship too.

Now it was five of us, the majority of the Sidemen, and god it was the best thing ever. I was never alone, never without attention, and someone was always there for me. Someone was there to spoil me, and I was there to give love back to all of them. Josh loved hugs, Simon picked me up all the time, Tobi always had his hands on my waist and JJ surprised me with kisses when I wasn't expecting it.

But there was still something missing, and I think I knew what would fill it.

Finally, I was 24. All five of us had been together for almost two years and although I was so happy, happy beyond belief and so full of love that I almost burst with excitement and love and happiness, there was something wrong. Something missing. I didn't know if the other boys felt it too because they all seemed content, but I wanted something more.

I was home alone, strange enough considering the four boys I loved so much all lived with me and normally never left me alone, when Ethan arrived. He was only there to pick up a camera so it surprised me when another voice echoed through the house- oh! Harry was there as well. I jumped down the stairs to greet the two, giving Ethan the camera, but neither of them moved to leave. Instead, Ethan turned to me.

"Vikk?" He asked. "Can we talk?"

"I... yeah? What's up?" I turned on the barstool and looked towards the both of them. Harry and Ethan shared a look, a long, meaningful, deep look that I didn't know the meaning of.

Until Ethan came up to me, and kissed me. He pulled me off the stool so I was standing and Harry came around the other side of me, his arms around my waist. I couldn't help it, but I kissed him right back. Their hands clung to me and Harry's lips were on the back of my neck and I gasped into the kiss-

"We know about everything that's going on between you and the boys." He whispered into my ear. "And we want in. If that's okay?"

I laughed as I pulled away from the kiss, grateful for the arms still around me. I nodded.

"I think the other boys know there's something missing, and I think they know that you two would be able to fill that gap." I leaned up and pressed a light kiss to Harry's lips. "I think it would make us complete."

So I fell in love one final time for the two boys that would join us to make our relationship complete. Now there were the seven of us and everyone was happy. Everything was great and I was just so, so happy and content and- there wasn't really any words to explain exactly how I was feeling, but I was complete. I was whole and surrounded by love.

First it was Josh, then Simon, then Tobi, then JJ, and finally Ethan and Harry. I was happy, they were happy, and we had finally found everything we were looking for in life.