Epilogue

(Hey, guys! This is gonna be a THIRD PERSON POV because I wanna write about both Noah and Sydney's feelings!)

The metal of the watch made a clinking sound as Sydney not so carefully dropped it on the dressing table the moment she heard the doorbell ring. She left her task in the middle and sprinted her way towards the door, not really caring about anything else. She unlocked the door, and she felt all the adrenaline present in her body rush into her bloodstream as a huge smile made itself resident on her face because of who she was facing.

There he was, her boyfriend, the Noah Parker. With a black leather Gucci duffel bag resting on his shoulder on top of the grey trench coat that he had worn. Sydney heard him chuckle as she threw herself at him, and he caught her swiftly into a hug. Noah had gone on many business trips like this one, but it never got easier or habitual for Sydney to get used to his absence, she still missed him just as much.

"Someone missed me," Noah whispered with a heart-stealing grin on his face and kissed his girl's temple. 

"No, I'm just happy I don't have to cook anymore," she replied with a lazy smile on her face. Noah relished the feeling of having his girl in his arms after a long week, inhaling her scent as she tucked her head under his chin. He wouldn't ever get tired of this feeling of coming home to the person he had chosen to give his heart to. 

"How was your trip?" she asked him with genuine interest to know.

"Work is the last thing on my mind right now, baby," he said, his voice coming out all raspy. He hooked his arms around her waist, pulling her as close to him as humanly possible as their lips met.

It had been two and a half years of them being in a relationship and the sparks, the tinglings, the bliss that came along every time their skins came in contact with each other had only increased with each passing day. Aside from that, pretty much everything had changed in their lives. They had graduated, moved all the way across the country to Seattle, and managed to get jobs that they bitched about only four days in a week. 

The decision to move from New York was thankfully mutual because as satisfying as the Big Apple was, they were more than ready for a change. Things were stable; they had both dedicated time towards their career more than anything else. Noah was the CS of a company, and as much as it was his dream to start one of his own, that hadn't happened yet. The owner was a little older than Noah and one of the people he had come to trust the most in his life.

Noah entered their small two-bedroom apartment, the scent of the new Vanilla Latte air freshener that Sydney was hell-bent convinced was the best one out there filled him. He walked towards his bedroom, holding Sydney close to his side. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he dropped his bag and saw an open half-packed suitcase on Sydney's side of the bed.

"You're going somewhere?" he turned to her, and she gave him the look that he recognized all too well. He had forgotten something that she had reminded him a hundred times already.

"Of course, you forgot! We have to go to our college reunion after three days." It wasn't an official reunion, just something that their group decided they would do.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "No, I didn't forget, I thought we decided we weren't going," he whined, having zero interest in this topic.

"No, you decided it by yourself, and I never agreed," she arched her eyebrow as she reminded him. "And good thing I already packed your stuff, you're coming with me, baby," she said, kissing him.

Sighing, Noah regretted the moment he had agreed to be a part of a pact that Scarlett had come up with, which was to meet up with your college mates at least once in two years. He watched her as she moved around the room comfortably in the black Nike pyjama shorts that showed off her long, slender legs flawlessly. He bit his lip as she was indulged in her work, oblivious to how arousing she looked.