Chapter Eighteen

"Good girls do bad things sometimes."

One thing is for sure, I thought as I stared back into Detective Min's mad eyes that were boring through me now

Nothing that ever happens in these dark woods in the middle of the night has a happy ending for me.

"Fuck!" I cussed breathlessly as he tugged even more harshly at my head. I felt like the hairs on my scalp were being pulled out from my skin. Scorching hot tears pooled around my eyelids and I whimpered helplessly. "Stop that, please!"

Finally he let go, letting my head drop loosely between my shoulders. I panted, gasping for air as Detective Min stepped away and patted his perfectly spotless leather jacket.

"Sorry for that." He said, adjusting the cap on his head.

My hand unintentionally ran up to the back of my head where I rubbed the painful area. Sniffling, I sat up on my knees and tried rubbing the dirt from my cheeks away, but I ended up only smudging it more.

I sucked at the air like it had suddenly become too thick and watched as the detective rapidly back-tracked to his usual impassive stare. My eyes kept wandering his face as perplexity surged in my brain. Something felt way off and it was so obvious now. What kind of detective was this guy? The kind that would grab girls by the hair and cause them pain?

The kind that would involve themselves in a fucking kidnapping?

This wasn't standard police procedure.

"What the hell." I grumbled as I finally got on my feet, swaying lightly. I was fucking terrified, but I wouldn't let him see. My gaze wandered the ground blindly, searching for anything I could use as a potential weapon.

"I won't hurt you." Detective Min said, lighting himself another cigarette.

"Yeah? Just like you didn't hurt me just now?" I scoffed, rubbing the back of my skull. I froze as his glare pierced through me and I realized that if I wasn't careful, my sarcasm would easily backfire.

Instinctively, my hand ran down to the back pocket of my jeans. My heart dropped as it dawned on me.

"Looking for this?" Detective Min grinned mockingly, waving my phone in his hand.

"Why the fuck do you have my phone?" I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, relax. It's not like it's been of any use. It's password protected. Young people today, pfft. So fucking paranoid. Who cares if people find out about your fucking nudes?"

He rolled his eyes. It had been the first time I was seeing him annoyed like that. I didn't have much time to process it, because next thing I knew, he turned and threw my phone into the night as hard as he could.

"What the hell!" I bellowed, my eyes bulging as I fought the urge to run after my phone. Sadly, I realized the chances of me finding it in the pitch black night were close to zero.