Wakas

Wakas

When I woke up, mukha agad ni Dale ang bumungad sakin.

"You're awake." Agap niya sakin at inilalayan ako na maupo, "How are you feeling?"

Pinakiramdaman ko ang sarili ko. Nanghihina pa rin pero nawala na ang sakit ng katawan. Though it is really hard to move by myself.

"I am okay, Dale." Sagot ko sakanya, "Since I am feeling okay now, pwede mo ba ako samahan sa garden ko?"

"We can. The Grand Priest will give you some of his life force so you can move freely. Kaeden, tell Lucas that Amaury's awake."

"No!" Agap ko. I don't know anymore of that. Ayoko na pahirapan pa ang mga tao na importante sakin. Lucas already did so much for me. Gusto ko na siyang mapalaya sa burden nang pagaalaga sakin.

"I am fine now. Can we just go, Dale, please?"

Tumingin si Dale sa labas, "Whatever you want, Amaury. We will do everything that you want. But are you sure you don't want some help from the Grand Priest?"

Napansin ko ang panginginig sa boses niya pero hindi ko na iyon pa pinuna. He knows it. Alam na niya ang mangyayari. My lips shivered as I looked away from him.

"Shall I prepare a tea for you, My Lady?" Nakita ko si Portia sa gilid ng paningin ko. Buo ang boses niya sa tanong. Pero nang magtama ang mata namin nakita ko ang sunod-sunod na luha sa kanyang mata. Hindi ako agad naka sagot sakanya.

"Please, let me serve you, Lady Amaury." she smiles as tears dripping down on her cheeks. "Let me serve you one last time."

"Thank you, Portia." I answered.

She gave me a deep bow, ilang segundo din siya sa ganoong position tila ba walang balak gumalaw pa. Gabriel held Portia in his arms.

Narinig ko ang hikbi mula sa dalaga, "Pardon me, Lord Clerebold. I shall prepare the tea now."

"I'll get the carriage so we can leave right away." Ngayon naman ay si Kuya ang nagpapaalam na aalis ng kwarto.

"Kuya..." With my small and soft voice, I called him.

"Don't, Amaury. Don't say anything." He looks away from me.

"I love you." I whispered but loud enough for him to hear, "Pati si Mama at Papa. Mahal na mahal ko kayo."

He left the room without saying any words. He's hurting, I know it. I hurt him. I am hurting him badly.

"Sir Adam, please follow my brother."

"But..."

"I am safe now. I have Dale to protect me, kaya ano pa ba ang katatakutan ko? But my brother, I want you to protect him, Sir Adam. Just like how you protected and cared for me."

Sir Adam gritted his jaw and nodded, "I'll protect him with my life, Milady."

"Thank you." I smiled sweetly at him.

The aloof man I met months ago was now gone. He was really a perfect knight.

"Dale, shall we go, too?"

Suminghap siya at tumango. Walang alinlangan niya akong binuhat palabas ng mansion. Palapit na ang paglubog ng araw nang makaupo kami ni Dale sa gazebo sa gitna ng tulips garden na regalo sakin ni Dale noong coming of age ko.

It is still blooming and fresh kahit ilang buwan na ako nakakalipas. I looked at the red setting sun before I began to speak.

"I dreamed about you, Dale." Sabi ko habang sinandal ang likod sa dibdib ni Dale. Naramdaman ko ang pagyakap niya sakin mula sa likuran.

"I hope that's not something lewd." He tried to ease the sorrowful air between us.

I chuckled a little, "In my dream, you were smiling... living a happy life. And I thought, I shouldn't make this man sad or I'll be sad as well."

I felt his hug become tighter.

"I have pondered... countless times of what I should tell you if this time comes." panimula ko, "I know I'll die someday. I expected this much."

"I'm sorry... Thank you... Be healthy... Have a good life... I have countless words to say to you, Dale. I even memorized it." Huminga ako ng malalim to stop the tears that forming in my eyes, "...but now that it's time, my mind just went blank."

"I just..." Kumawala ang hikbi na pinipigilan ko, "I keep on wanting to stay with you.. I want to see you every day. Wake up knowing that your smile will greet me in the morning. And... I don't want to leave you behind. I don't even want to get away from you even a second."

Sunod-sunod ang pagbuhos ng luha ko. I didn't stop it anymore. Hinayaan ko ang sarili na damhin ang bigat at sakit ng damdamin. I have to feel the pain so I can be honest with him. Lumayo ako ng kaunti sakanya so I could see his face.

He has a hard expression on his face. His grey, red eyes that were trying to suppress the tears were now looking at me intently.

"I'm sorry I can't be strong, Dale. I'm sorry that I am always weak. I'm sorry that you have to protect me every time." Hinawakan ko ang pisngi niya, "I'm sorry."

Without a word, he pulled me closer and hugged me. Sunod sunod na hikbi ang pinakawalan ko. The pain in my chest was unbearable. Tila kinakapos na ang hininga sa bawat segundo na lumilipas. Naramdaman ko na ito mula paglabas ng mansion but choose to keep quiet about it. Ang dami ko pang gusto sabihin. Mga katanungan na gustong malaman ang kasagutan... but my life ends in here.

Those questions about the future, I could never know them. This is where my role in this story ends.

"In our next life, I'll find you, Amaury. We will meet again no matter what. I promise you. And when that happens, I promise that I'll protect you from everything." He whispered in my ear.

"Dale.." I looked at him in the eye, "You took care of me... You protected me... You loved me." Pinunasan niya ang luha na dumadaloy sa mukha ko.

"Thank you, Dale. For letting me experience everything. I never regretted once that I chose to be with you. If I have a second chance to do things again, I will still choose to be engaged and fall for you, kahit pa kamatayan ang naghihintay sakin."

Mabilis at nanghihina akong huminga habang nakasandal kay Dale.

"If we have a second chance, Amaury, you won't die. My heart will remember how deeply I fell for you."

My tears dropped one last time as I let out a smile. Masuyo kong isinandal ang ulo ko sa dibdib niya. Ramdam ko ang init ng katawan niya. I will surely miss this warmth of his.

Dale kisses my forehead and whispers, "Goodbye."

His voice was shaking as he spoke those words.

"Goodbye, Amaury."

That's where my soul knew it was time to let go.

If the time permits... if we reunite in some life far down the road.

If we could have a second life, I wish it to be with you.

To cherish it with you... To laugh with you... And to live each day happily beside you.

That's when we will have our own happy ending.

In those what they call someday, Dale. Someday.

I bid goodbye to his memories as I went back to my own world.

To the place where I truly belong.

------ THE END -------

A/N:

This is my first ever story na sinulat, so I know madaming plot holes and irrelevant scenes. But nonetheless, I want to say thank you for appreciating my work. Those comments and votes inspired me to write more. And I can not thank you enough for that. <3

I hope you enjoy the journey of Amaury and Dale as I enjoyed writing about them. Let us all remember and treasure all the lessons we shared in this story (kung meron man LOL!)

Let us all meet sa book 2! Then again, thank you for reading!