Chapter 13 | Sophie

This chapter is dramatic AF, and we're gonna have an angry Fitzphie showdown. :)

"I think you and I are gonna have a lot of fun this year."

His words rang around in her head, she tossed and turned at night, but still fell into a deep slumber. By morning she had mulled over the words more times than she would ever admit. She slipped into a white shirt and grey leggings, as she was scrambling around, packing everything she would need someone knocked on the door. 

She opened the door, Keefe was standing there, he grinned at her; "Hey Foster, just checking on my Girlfriend."

"GIRLFRIEND?!" Biana screeched from where she was applying a generous amount of makeup to her face, "SOPHIE ELIZABETH FOSTER, YOU GET A FRIGGIN' BOYFRIEND AND YOU DIDN'T FRIGGIN' TELL ME?"

Sophie winced—and not entirely from the screaming girl behind her. "You were asleep," Sophie said, and shrugged.

"THAT'S SOMETHING YOU WAKE ME UP FOR!"

"But if I woke you up, I'd get a bloody nose before I could even explain why I woke you up." Sophie tried to reason even though she knew it was not going to work anyway.

Biana's face changed from red-hot rage to something like sheepish understanding, "Okay, fine. Fair point—but I still—"

"Bye Biana," Keefe said and slung his arm around her shoulders, walking out the door, leaving the seething Biana back in the dorm. 

After they were a safe distance away Keefe turned to her wide-eyed; "How are you friends with that?"

Sophie had been wondering that very same question for years to no avail. "I wonder that every day." Biana is really scary, and Sophie wouldn't put it past her to play the scary older-sibling role to her when Keefe's around.

Keefe chuckled and turned to Sophie, "What class do you have first?"

"Science—Where are you supposed to be?"

"Math. I ditch whenever I can. Professor Belva has the worst crush on me. I mean, I can't really blame her"—He gestured to himself—"but still, it's awkward, you know?"

Sophie was 90 percent certain he was joking but was also very good looking. She was sure at least half the girls in the school had a crush on him.

"You're never going to graduate if you ditch every single class."

"Who says I ditch every class?" He argued, that mischievous smirk still plastered to his face. "I only have a few classes anyway, the rest of my time is taken up by football—and other...stuff." She didn't particularly want to know what 'other stuff' means in his dictionary. Though she had no doubt he was on the football team, with his arms being that hard and muscula—no—she wasn't going to think about that—they were fake dating. Fake dating, meaning they aren't really dating—she just didn't know why it was so hard for her to accept that.

***

Keefe stood leaning against a wall waiting for Sophie's lesson to finish. winking every once and a while at a passing girl, causing her to go all doe-eyed. It was also suspiciously common for girls to be tugging down their shirts to reveal their cleavage—disgusting—to think he was such a player—which he was—to think that was what beauty was.