Chapter 5

So much for hoping things would go back to the way it was. Three days has passed since Tori left me and it feels weird and...lonely.

It's been a while since I felt loneliness, Tori was always there to fill the gaps I felt and she was pretty good at it.

Today's Monday and Lunch just started. I'm sitting alone outside, under a tree. Golden State High has a cafeteria inside and I could always just stay there but Kristy's friends complained about her absence by the third time she was with me so she had to sit with them today. Don't get me wrong, she offered me a seat but I know she's just asking in politeness.

So I'm here at the green valley avenue, trees stand tall outside the school buildings but grass was most lush here at the green valley outside the cafeteria, if you can't get seats inside the building, you have to find a place here outside.

The place looks like a peaceful picnic area since most of the students are inside.

I took advantage of the quietness and pulled out the book I'm currently reading as well as my lunch, literally just two slices of Nutella filled bread and a bottle of juice.

Curse myself for sleeping late last night.

I took a bite of my sandwich and the moment the Nutella hit my tongue, the chocolate flavor tasted rich enough to make me drool. I didn't know I was this hungry.

I didn't notice someone sat beside me until they spoke up, "whatcha reading?"

I choked on my food. I coughed and she reached for my juice, handing it to me. 

With closed eyes I took the bottle. While drinking, I opened one eye and looked at the stranger beside me.

I choked again.

"Are you okay?" She asked, full of worry

Her black hair was flowing down her shoulders, long fringes hugging her face. The ends were highlighted gray... Or is it silver? She was really good looking. 

"Like what you see?" She joked.

Her green eyes squinting and she gave me a playful smile,  showing me a dimple on her left cheek.

"No, I was just staring at your face 'cause you got some dirt." I deadpanned, my fingers pointing on my cheek.

Her cheeks turned pink and she quickly pulled her phone out, "you mean I've been walking around looking like-"

"You- you lied!!" She yelled.

I shrugged.

"And here I thought we'll be great friends." She mumbled.

"Who said we're gonna be friends?" I said without averting my attention from the book. I was starting to get pissed.

I notice her finger slide on the middle of the book and pulling it down, her face close to mine.

"Because you looked nice!"

I pulled myself away and closed my book, setting it aside.

I sighed, "don't let looks deceive you." I replied nonchalantly.

"Paulo Coelho." She said I looked at her

"You know him?" I asked, somewhat excited that someone recognizes him.

"...yes?"

I expected too much.

"Okay you caught me." She sighed and sat back, making herself comfortable.

"Why did you talk to me exactly? Don't you have any friends?"

"I uhm..." She paused, "wanted to find friends on my first day."

"First day?" I asked a little bit confused.

"Yep!" She said, popping the 'p'. "I transferred today."

"Oh," I replied. The bell rang and students around us began to stand.

"Well nice to meet you-"

"Chloe" she said, showing me a cheeky smile.

"I didn't ask for your name." I said as I stand up and dust myself.

I've never had this kind of interaction in my life, and I'd like it if this would be the last.

She looked up to me with her eyebrows scrunched together and said, "You're rude."

"Not my first time hearing that." I smirked and picked up my bag. Best thing I could do is act disinterested, juniors get so talkative it gets on my nerves so I walked away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" She yelled.

"Obviously to class, dumbo." I answered without looking back.

I hear her groan and run up to me. She tried stopping me by holding my wrist but reflexively, I yanked it back.

I turned around to scold her but then I was greeted by her shocked face, her eyes going back and forth looking at her hand and my wrist.

"I-I ap-apologize" she said, her face draining in color.

It was...shocking...to say the least.

I cursed at myself for letting this kid interrupt my lunch and now I'm being guilt tripped to say it's okay and not make her look like she wasn't invading my personal space.

Fucking kids...worst than chickens. I thought.

"It's alright, you don't have to apologize." I said, trying to sound nice. "But anyway, I have to go to class since lunch finished."

"But—"

"Okay. Bye now, I don't want to be late." I said, walking to the college building.

I hear her groan again, much louder than before.

"Why do you always walk away?!" she caught up and crossed her arms together.

"You know, with all that groaning someone's gonna think you're doing the dirty." I wiggled my eyebrows, really enjoying annoying the shit out of her.

My smile got wider when I noticed her looking away, the tip of her ears glowing red.

Hah, innocent.

I was on my way to my assigned class and I thanked the gods for letting me separate from this junior.

"Oi." I called her attention, "go to your room, you might get late and I don't wanna get in trouble."

"I don't know where my class is..." She muttered.

Oh for fucks sake.

-------
Author's notes

2 updates in one night??? Damn this quarantine life got me feeling motivated...or maybe I just couldn't take the isolation anymore so I had to divert my attention to something new... 😳

Anyways, this is chapter 5. Please drink water and let me know what you think! - 🌙