Chapter 40

Jennie's POV

"Jen? Hey, why are you crying?" While I was on my way to get into the car that brought me and Hanbin here, I bumped into my brother. In the most horrible times, I just had to bump into him for I know that if he knows what Jisoo did... he'll probably beat her up which is something that I don't want to happen.

Even if she did that, I know that there must at least an explanation behind it. And I hope it's a good one.

He looked worried and panicked. I didn't really wanna tell him what happened. Just remembering what Taehyung said, was enough to make me break down again. Hanbin immediately hugged me and started asking me again on what was wrong.

"I-it's Jisoo..." Just saying her name hurts me so much right now. I don't want to see her right now. Or even hear her voice.

Even if I didn't really see if they did kiss or not, the seriousness on Taehyung's eyes and expression was enough to make me believe in him.

"What about her? Did she hurt you? Where is she anyways? Jennie, what did she do? Should I kill her?" Hanbin rambled on while I cried harder into his embrace. He took that response as a yes. "What did she do?" This time, his tone was darker and stern. So I decided to tell him. I can't get away from him now that I'm being hugged by him.

"Jisoo... and Soojoo... they..."

"Jennie! Finally, I found you!"

The sudden intrusion left me stunned in my brother's arms. Why? Not because Hanbin tightened his grip on me, nope, not at all. But because of who said it. And by the movement of Hanbin, which was shaking in anger, I knew that I had to stop him from tackling that person down.

"Hanbin, sto-."

But before I could even stop him, he shoved me gently aside and shouted to the person in burning rage, "Your gonna pay for what you did to my sister, Kim Jisoo!"

"Wh-What..?" There was confusion in her tone that left me confused too. Or was she just acting like she was confused.

I turned around from my spot and saw Hanbin swinging a punch on Jisoo but thankfully Jisoo blocked it with her arm. In fighting backgrounds, I know Jisoo has the upper hand.

"BI, what the hell?! Were you actually trying to punch me?!" Jisoo yelled while keeping her fighting stance intact. She knew Hanbin won't stop just by how he kept on swinging kicks and punches on her.

"Why wouldn't I?! You made Jennie cry and I promised to her that if ever you hurt her, I'm gonna beat you up."

"What? I... made Jennie... cry?" Her expression softened when she finally made eye contact with me. Her body relaxed and she hung her hands on her side. Finally, letting Hanbin have full opening on her.

Of course, my brother punched her making her stumble to the ground. But Hanbin didn't beat her up more. She was still his friend after all. He only scoffed at her and asked,

"Why did you hurt her? I thought you were going to never let her go again, Soo-ah. But you did. Just by her sobs awhile ago, I know you did something that you'll be regretting later on." He then turned his back on her and wrapped me with his coat. He guided me towards the car and glanced at the dumbfounded Jisoo before entering the car right after me.

"Where to, Sir and Ma'am?" The chauffeur asked.

"To our house please." Hanbin answered then looked at me softly as if I was so fragile. "I'll tell Mom and Dad that we're going home first. To our house, y'know. They'll understand. We did our part at the party anyways."

I gave him a small nod then looked outside the window. I couldn't help but remember Jisoo's face when she looked at me.

It was pained and confused like she really didn't know what was happening. On why I was crying. On why Hanbin gave her a punch. And most importantly, she looked so hurt that she made me cry.

I wanted to ask her on why did she do it. Why did she kiss Soojoo? I really wanted to ask her. I wanted an honest answer.

But I have something to be punished at too. I assumed something that I didn't even see. I know Taehyung was serious by that moment. But what if what he saw was wrong? I kept on holding to that thought until we got home.

...

"I'll be in my room." I said with no emotions at all to Hanbin and went to my room.

When I closed the door, I looked at Jisoo's window from where she always exits to sneak into my room. I smiled.

I didn't even notice that I was crying until I touched my window as if trying to reach for hers.

"Why..? Why did you do it, Chu? I want to know why? Or maybe all that he saw was wrong and that I turned my back on you too easily..."

Damn it. Why do I feel like I'm the wrong one here?

"Maybe I could take a walk. That'll take my mind off of this." I told myself and agreed on my decision by nodding my head.

I put on comfortable clothes. I didn't even notice that I was still wearing my dress. Then placed some wireless earphones on.

Music always calms my nerves.

"Bin, I'll be walking outside for an hour or so. Will it be fine?" I asked while taking off one of my earphone to hear him.

"Of course. But be careful alright? I don't want you all beaten up when you return." He joked. "But seriously, be careful."

"Thanks." I then walked out of the house and put the earphone on again.

...