Chapter 34

AIDEN POV:

AIDEN POV:

I didn't sleep last night, I couldn't. I was worried about my sisters and found myself continuously looking at my window. I had closed my blinds, promising I wouldn't open them again unless I knew Emily wasn't home.

Emily.

I can't believe it was my fault that she almost got raped last night. I knew what I had to do, and that was to end our friendship. I was hurting her, I hated how she wasn't mad at me for what happened. She was too pure for us, I guess I knew it all along. It was kind of like the yin yang in a sense, she was the only thing good and pure about me and I was the only thing dark about her. She and I were never meant to be friends, I was meant to sleep with her and then forget all about her. I was definitely never meant to burden her and open up to her the way I did, and she definitely was never meant to trust me the way she had and earn my trust in return.

She would graduate school with straight A's, get into the college she wanted so she could study medicine and probably cure cancer or something, marry someone like Luke, and have the perfect family. And I was meant to stay here, looking after my sisters and my mother and live the dark life I deserve.

I don't know why it affected me so much, knowing I had lost her, I understand that she was one of, if not my best friend, but for some reason, it felt like more. I was now eternally grateful that I had gotten that tattoo when I did. At least I'll always have a part of her.

The guys and I were all going to skip school today and just hang. A well-needed guys day. Mom had taken Elle and Mia to school and gone to work, not knowing my plans for the day. It was now 10:00 am and the boys would get here any minute.

"Honey, I'm home," I hear Toby yell from downstairs. Chuckling I make my way to him.

"We going downstairs?" Toby asks grinning.

"Yeah man," I reply, making my way down to the basement where we usually hang out.

"So what's the deal? How's Mills?" Toby asks.

"Fuck knows." I reply frustratingly.

Toby gives me a questioning look.

"She didn't even get mad at me last night after what the fucker Bates did, she was more pissed I didn't tell her about him rather than how she almost got fucking raped because of us," I rant.

Toby rolls his eyes, "It's not your fault what he did. He's a shit head."

"It is my fucking fault, he did it to get back at me probably because he saw me beat up that creep that hit on her before," I continue ranting.

"Nah man. Did she seem okay today?" Toby questions.

"Wouldn't know, last night I told her I was done with the friendship," I admit.

"You did what?" Toby yells, astonishment lacing his every word.

"Come on man, you care about her as well and all we're doing is hurting her. Tiffany, Bate's, even her and Luke's relationship," I roll my eyes in self frustration.