C.49

"doctor kim, why hasn't she woken up yet? i'm starting to get worried" jaehyun asked as he stared his little sister's peaceful sleeping figure.

"she just needs a lot of rest. she will wake up soon" seokjin said patting jaehyun's back before he excused himself. he didn't tell him about the incident that had happened in the operation hours ago.

the other members had gone back to the headquarter to let yoonhwa rest. they will see her again when she had woken up from her state. haechan was really pissed that he didm't get the chance to see her- after jaemin dragged him away.

jaehyun got a hold of her hand and heaved a really deep sigh. she's still breathing. "thank goodness" he brought her hand up to his forehead.

the phone on top of the small table next to her bed light up. jaehyun took his phone his eyebrows twitching a bit. he glanced at her sister smiling down at her. "i'll be back"

"what do you want, johnny?" his voice was clearly irritated by the phone call. jaehyun went out for a bit. around three minutes later someone came in.

the brown haired guy went closer towards yoonhwa's bed. he bit his lower lip after seeing her still unconscious. "i thought i'm going to lose you"

"i kind of forced johnny to distract your brother. eh- it works though" he mumbled before he grabbed a nearby chair. "why am i even talking with a sleeping person?" his eyes locked on her face.

"pretty" the word suddenly blurted out from his mouth. he mentally slapped himself heat rushing up to his cheeks.

"ah.. this is crazy" he muttered. his lips made a thin line and he didn't realise that he was staring her again.

he saw her fingers twitched slightly and happiness washed all over him. she's waking up. "yoonhwa!"

"what the- what are you doing here, haechan?" he shot his head towards the door not noticing that jaehyun was already standing there. the older guy narrowing his eyes at him.

"i.. that. no- nothing" he stated. haechan just watched jaehyun coming closer. "you actually worried about her?" jaehyun crossed both of his arms.

haechan lifted his chin up looking at him in the eye. "what's with that question? who doesn't?"

"don't tell me.. you actually--"

jaehyun stopped himself when both of them heard yoonhwa's voice. "am i still dead?"

"yoonhwa!" jaehyun literally pushed haechan away and the latter groaned. "brother?" she tried to sit up but someone pushed her back down.

"just lay down. you need rest"

"hyuck?" her eyebrows furrowed. "am i really dead? is this the afterlife?" haechan accidentally let out a chuckle when she asked that questions.

"cute" he murmured to himself.

jaehyun shot him a slight glare before he looked back at her sister. he caressed her head smiling warmly. "you're still alive, yoonhwa"

"wait- i do?"

▽▽▽

"oh my god! my pretty yoonhwa-" haechan got a hold of jaemin's jacket refraining him from hugging yoonhwa who looked happy after seeing the other members.

"yoonhwa!" chenle's loud dolphin voice filled the room and he quickly ran to her bed and gave her a hug.

"yah! let me go" jaemin turned to look at haechan who had a blank face on. "couldn't care less" he muttered.

"i got watermelons for you, yoonie!" mark said as soon as he came inside.

they began making stupid jokes and most of them just making fun of mark. yoonhwa couldn't stop laughing that doyoung had to give them a little lecture.

"yoonhwa, you're really okay now?" taeyong asked sitting down on the chair next to her bed. she nodded her head smiling reassuringly.

"yeah"

"so can she properly join us-"

"absolutely not!" before jungwoo could even finish his sentence both jaehyun and haechan interrupted him. jungwoo squeezed himself into the sofa scared after receiving a death glare from haechan.

"woah- haechan got protective all of the sudden" yuta said bluntly. he gave a thumbs up to the young leader which pissed him off more.

jaehyun shook his head the side of his lips tugging upwards. when he turned to look at his sister, she was busy talking with chenle and jaemin- who got away from haechan's grasp.

haechan rolled his eyes and he noticed that he had let go of jaemin. "what-" he saw the wide smile on her lips and that he couldn't help but smile too.

"dude, i tell you he's in love" haechan narrowed his eyes at mark who just shrugged his shoulders and had the smug look on his face.

"you little--"

unknown to them, someone was watching them from the other building. he lowered the high-tech binocular with a half smirk plastered on his lips. he pulled the hoodie to cover his head.

"hey, new update-" he started his voice sounded a bit hoarse. the guy began to walk away still with the smirk.

"she's still alive"

haechan tilted his head the smile on his lips dropped down instantly. his eyes flickered to the glass window and saw the other building beside the hospital.

he actually saw something moved earlier. "was it just my imagination?"