Chapter 6

"Always trying to find
A safer place to hide
Always felt I was protecting my heart and mind
But it seems like to really feel like
I cannot hide
My heart and mind"
- Kina Grannis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

"Marry who?" Bella asked in bafflement.

"Me" Caleb emphasized on the word.

"Are you drunk?" Bella's question caught him off-gaurd.

"What?" Caleb faltered, "Ofcourse not!"

"Then why are you talking gibberish?" Bella said crossing her hands over her chest.

"I'm not!" Caleb glared, feeling insulted, "Listen, I have a plan so that we can get out of this mess..."

"Your plan is to get married, so that we get out of this and fall in a way bigger mess??" Bella cocked her eyebrow at him.

"You should listen before you talk so much" Caleb sounded impatient.

"Uh-huh" Bella noded her head, "And you should think before you talk so much"

"Listen" Caleb really got impatient now, "Are you going to listen to my plan or not? I haven't come here to argue with you"

"No" Bella said instantly, "I don't know what you are high on right now, but I am not listening to any more nonsense that comes out of your mouth. So just leave!"

"Bel.. Ms. Jones" Caleb said as Bella stiffened at the name, "You have to listen to my plan first, before you decide. It's the best way to get out of this problem. Do you think if I give them an interview saying that I don't know you, then they would believe me? They would harass and stalk us until they get some interesting information or until a new story intrigues them. So, just listen to my plan..."

"Yeah, you are going to give them another interesting story to talk about- our marriage" Bella said unbelievablingly, "Are you really out of your mind? Do you think I would want to marry you...."

"Neither would I..." Caleb spoke up.

"Yes, that's what I'm saying.." then Bella realised what Caleb had said, "What? You won't? Why?"

"So, you want me to?" Caleb cocked his eyebrow, smirking at Bella.

"No" Bella shook her head, feeling a little embarassed, "I mean then what do you want?"

"That's what I'm trying to say" Caleb walked over and sat on the couch, "We will get married, but not because we want to. It's because we have to..."

"We have to? I don't understand..."

"Please, sit down first, let me explain" Caleb patted the seat next to him for Bella to sit down. Bella dragged a chair from the kitchen and sat on it, opposite him. Giving him a long, cold stare, she waited for him to continue.

"Fine" Caleb said after assessing her, "This marriage would be for convinience. Nothing personal with no attachments involved."

"Wow" Bella said as if she was amazed, "You say like it's so easy. It's not one of your business deals, Mr. Ryder"

This is the first time Bella had addressed his name, but as Mr. Ryder. Even if Caleb was disappointed, he didn't show it.

"It is to me" Caleb said in a serious tone, "And I want you too, to think of it like a deal. It's for both of our benefit"